Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC:
Model: UX482E (11th Gen i7)
Frequency of occurrence: Often
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: Hi! I have had an ongoing issue since day 1 with this laptop (bought in October of 2021). Often times when I wake the laptop, my screen stays black. Usually this happens if my laptop is in sleep mode for more than a few hours. When my laptop is in sleep with the lid fully closed, I open the lid, press the power button to turn it on from sleep mode (although sometimes the screen turns automatically on as soon as I open the lid) and the ASUS logo boots up but right after the ASUS logo the screen stays black. I can see the backlight of the panel on but there's no display. At this point I have to force shutdown the laptop or after 5-10 minutes a Windows blue screen pops up with stop code: 'INTERNAL POWER ERROR' and the computer forces a restart. I have updated the drivers and BIOS but the issue still persists. I've spoken to support and they've told me the next step is to send it in but I need the laptop and I'm thinking this is a software issue not hardware? Has anyone else experienced this issue or know what the issue might be?
5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS
UzairB
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: UX482E (11th Gen i7)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Often
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description: Hi! I have had an ongoing issue since day 1 with this laptop (bought in October of 2021). Often times when I wake the laptop, my screen stays black. Usually this happens if my laptop is in sleep mode for more than a few hours. When my laptop is in sleep with the lid fully closed, I open the lid, press the power button to turn it on from sleep mode (although sometimes the screen turns automatically on as soon as I open the lid) and the ASUS logo boots up but right after the ASUS logo the screen stays black. I can see the backlight of the panel on but there's no display. At this point I have to force shutdown the laptop or after 5-10 minutes a Windows blue screen pops up with stop code: 'INTERNAL POWER ERROR' and the computer forces a restart. I have updated the drivers and BIOS but the issue still persists. I've spoken to support and they've told me the next step is to send it in but I need the laptop and I'm thinking this is a software issue not hardware? Has anyone else experienced this issue or know what the issue might be?

ZenBook Duo 14 UX482E: Screen Stays Black After Waking Up
@UzairB
If it is inconvenient for you to send it for repair, I would recommend that you try to restore the system, then check if the problem is improved. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 
Windows 10 - How to restore the system to factory default settings? | Official Support | ASUS Global

UzairB
Star II
@Falcon_ASUS Thanks for your feedback. I'll try a system restore this weekend and let you know how it goes.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
Please let us know how it goes @UzairB
It does certainly seem like a reason to send it in for motherboard replacement.
It may well be a possibility that it is a software issue but I doubt anyone here has had the same problem as you. So your best bet is to have the deck swapped out under warranty to be sure.
I know it's a pain but if you're lucky they will just transplant the old SSD into the new motherboard as they did with mine and it should boot up just as before with all your files and settings except any software licencing may notice your hardware configuration has changed.

UzairB
Star II
potatosubwoofer

Please let us know how it goes @UzairB

It does certainly seem like a reason to send it in for motherboard replacement.

It may well be a possibility that it is a software issue but I doubt anyone here has had the same problem as you. So your best bet is to have the deck swapped out under warranty to be sure.

I know it's a pain but if you're lucky they will just transplant the old SSD into the new motherboard as they did with mine and it should boot up just as before with all your files and settings except any software licencing may notice your hardware configuration has changed.

View post
@potatosubwoofer Sorry for replying late. I wanted to thoroughly test the laptop before replying. The advice @Falcon_ASUS worked! I restored the system 2 weeks ago and haven't had any issues with the screen since then. I'm still in the process of reinstalling my applications one by one but fingers crossed there's no issues. If anything comes up again, I'll let you know. Thanks again for you support, it's very much appreciated!