Sujin_MS
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version:18.0840.2201.226
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi Team,
This is the second time I am facing the WIFI issue (Wifi is not turning on) after the software update. When I faced this issue the first time, the Asus service center team replaced the phone motherboard. After 8 months I am facing the same issue again. I am sure if I submit this device to the service center they will replace the existing motherboard(While checking in the Asus Discussion portal, I could see that lot of rog users replace their phone motherboard more than two in the warranty period). But I am sure the Asus software team will come up with a bug full update in the future. It will burn my wifi chip again but that time my device might be out of warranty.
I am expecting a refund rather than a replacement. If the team is not ready with this I will go with consumer court for justice. 
18 REPLIES 18

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
Sujin MS

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version:18.0840.2201.226
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi Team,

This is the second time I am facing the WIFI issue (Wifi is not turning on) after the software update. When I faced this issue the first time, the Asus service center team replaced the phone motherboard. After 8 months I am facing the same issue again. I am sure if I submit this device to the service center they will replace the existing motherboard(While checking in the Asus Discussion portal, I could see that lot of rog users replace their phone motherboard more than two in the warranty period). But I am sure the Asus software team will come up with a bug full update in the future. It will burn my wifi chip again but that time my device might be out of warranty.

I am expecting a refund rather than a replacement. If the team is not ready with this I will go with consumer court for justice. 

Wifi Is not turning on Rog Phone 5
Been there done that. Issue will still persist. Raise my case to our consumer court. Offered 1 year warranty extension. I declined. And went for refund. Now i got my refund. You should do the same.

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
ghyzriellgalez06

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/58608/wifi-is-not-turning-on-rog-phone-5

Been there done that. Issue will still persist. Raise my case to our consumer court. Offered 1 year warranty extension. I declined. And went for refund. Now i got my refund. You should do the same.

View post
Had the phone for 8 months with never ending issues

rStar
Rising Star II
ghyzriellgalez06

View post
Congratulations
Only 3 month of warranty left for me. Already Repaired once.
When i purchased this phone charger stopped working with in an hour, i should not have opted for replacement. @Sarkiri @Exodus
By returning the phone i could have saved my ₹50k.

k_huat
Rising Star II
ghyzriellgalez06

View post
Greatest news after almost a full year of complaints 🌈
Refund is possible everyone!!!!