waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Has anyone updated to this latest firmware?
Any noticeable improvements?
Any changes/improvements to audio quality?

Finally, does anyone know where I can download this update from? Doesn't seem to be on the Asus website. If anyone has a download link that'd be great 🙌
46 REPLIES 46

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Hi, I think you shouldn't be in a hurry to find this update, here is the exclusive 1st return of this firmware in the French section of Zentalk. You will note that I took to translate it into English 🙂

Zentalk Rog 5 Language French
Hello, I have a big problem with my rog phone 5 since the last update (18.0840.2201.226) it starts rebooting randomly when I use it, it often happens to me when I use opera GX but it happens also in other situations (Photo, navigation on the launcher among others) would it be possible to go back to the old version or a way to fix this bug?

FunBike31
Community Legend I
For my part I have more than to hope that Asus does not force the update as for the .226 otherwise I will freak out.
In the meantime I will disable Wifi and prohibit shifts by the mobile network

waxy78611
Zen Master I
FunBike31

Hi, I think you shouldn't be in a hurry to find this update, here is the exclusive 1st return of this firmware in the French section of Zentalk. You will note that I took to translate it into English 🙂

Zentalk Rog 5 Language French

Hello, I have a big problem with my rog phone 5 since the last update (18.0840.2201.226) it starts rebooting randomly when I use it, it often happens to me when I use opera GX but it happens also in other situations (Photo, navigation on the launcher among others) would it be possible to go back to the old version or a way to fix this bug?

View post
Hello, thanks for your replies. The firmware you have mentioned is the previous version. This one is brand new released a few hours ago & ends in .229

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
If any one tell in the update .229 any performance increases. because the update mentioned optimize for the performance.