MT0
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog 5
Firmware Version:.226 (latest)
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:FREQUENT
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin impact
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Still trash performance even at the latest update, I was hoping on the latest update they will fix the downclocking of the cpu but ohh boy it' still the same.... locking at 1.08ghz when it reach up to 47c to 48c while playing genshin, what hurt the most is I'm only using medium settings at 60fps but it's barely reaching up to 50 fps while during combat or exploring demanding areas of the game.... I'm gonna attach a video to show I'm not kidding and for the asus mod to see that this phone is a joke at the current system update.....

92 REPLIES 92

Mrcuan88
Star I
MT0

aaaa.png

there we go 😄🤫😭

View post
Asus ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 Laptop Coming to CES 2022 With Gaming Power

Is it true that this is very good for performance in playing games that have a large capacity?

As we can see on laptop asus

rStar
Rising Star II
FunBike31

Asus is not alone in intentionally limiting performance in games, Samsung just did the same and thousands of users are angry.

As at Samsung it must be easily circumventable / demonstrable, it is enough that the game is not recognized in the game management software, here Armory Create.

There are two solutions;

* in any case

- Remove your game from Armory Create (Game genius - Games toolbar - position the cursor on the left for the games)

A) Solution with Armory Create (Please note that some games refuse to change the name of the APK, to be tested for Gensing Impact)

1 - Rename the APK of the game with a file manager (X-plore File Manager, ES File Explorer for example)

2 - Install the ASUS fan to be able to activate the X+ mode

3 - Add in Armory Create your Games which bears the new name you gave it

4 - Set it to your favorite Hardcore setting

B) Solution without Armory Create

- Check that you have removed the game from Armory Create

-Configure the FPS that your game supports via Android settings

- Install ASUS fan

- Install ASUS Fan, Enable X Mode

Launch your game, you will not have the display of FPS, CPU and temperature but you should feel the difference which must be noticeable.

You can also install a CPU plugin like Cpu Float to check CPU frequencies

Pay attention to the temperature of the System otherwise you will enlarge the club of Wifi / Hotspot OFF

View post
What max temperature is safe according to you?
With cooler ____°C
Without cooler ____°C

FunBike31
Community Legend I
45-46° is a high limit, Temperature displayed in Armory Create which is the system temperature and which is also within 1 or 2° of the battery temperature. The SOC can (should) withstand much higher temperatures. >100°.
The main limitation even before the feeling on your hands is the temperature of the battery, at 45° its life is reduced in large proportions. 45° just in storage and it's ~30% less.
Unfortunately, I did not physically see a motherboard after the Wifi/hotspot failure but I had some feedback concerning soldering problems, these are made by bain and should resist +200°, which would suggest a manufacturing problem because at 50° displayed the SOC is around 80-90°, far from this limit.
With or without a cooler is not necessary, a temperature is acceptable yes or no, and for this temperature to be acceptable so as not to reduce the life of the batteries too much, the cooler is mandatory, unfortunately, not that of Asus , it is particularly inefficient.
It remains that even at 50° this should not be the cause of the breakdowns, except for the battery which will have its capacity/lifespan reduced by +50% in a short time.