Not applicable
System: W11 and W10
Battery or AC: BOTH
Model: UX482 EG
Frequency of occurrence:ALWAYS
Reset OS: TRIED
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:NOT ABLE TO REMOVE ADAPTIVE BRIGHTNESS FROM THE LOWER SCREEN. NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS A GENERAL ISSUE WITH THIS LAPTOP OR BECAUSE I RESET THE LAPTOP TO STOCK WINDOWS. THANK YOU.
PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HAVE A UX482.
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
@potatosubwoofer @MotoWiZ
MY PROBLEM: The lower monitor will change contrast/brightness (using some total luminosity of pixels metric). So what happens is if i am on a page with a light background the lower monitor will increase its brightness (hurts the eyes when using in dim conditions), on the other hand if the page has a lot of dark pixels the lower monitor will instead decrease brightness (make it hard to read), Its very counter-intuitive in the way it works.
CAN YOU CHECK A DIFFERENT SETTING: Windows Settings>System>Display>Brightness>
There is a drop down if you click on brightness with a toggle for " Help improve battery by optimizing the content shown and brightness"
I only have this for the upper monitor, the lower monitor doesn't contain this settings. Can you check if you have it for both or only one.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
Right. It appears that your system is behaving the opposite of how it should work for a power saving mode; it should brighten a dark average screen image and dim a bright average screen image.
Unfortunately I do not have either of these settings and I am running windows 10. But I can see that the behaviour you're experiencing is entirely backwards to what should be occurring.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MotoWiZ hello, i am going to install windows 11 pro from scratch and see if the situation is still there, can you tell me if i need to buy pro first or i can activate it later?

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Hi @aau aau,
What I did was buy a Windows 10 Pro license (it was way before windows 11 release), upgraded Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro and linked this license to my Microsoft account. Then I made a clean install of Windows 11 Pro and it was automatically activated through my Microsoft account.