hp9976802431
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG 5
Firmware Version: .226
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Rog5 throttle issue not resolved.Its clocked at 1.42ghz.Im compare to many devices rog5 .Most of members didn't get new update .They stuck in .83 Version only .so they didn't get any throttle issue.(attach my friend firmware screenshot till the date).But those who update the new update they faced heat,fps drop,throttle issues I'm one of them.My phone undergone all new updates but not performing well.
My Friend firmware screenshot check the date
img-20220301-wa0003.jpg
I know the current update package use manually. But they not updated because my phone performance worst .He have the fear ,if he get the issue.

9 REPLIES 9

miryugaming
Rising Star I
I believe ASUS is intentionally limiting the CPU and GPU so that the ROG Phone will not be susceptible to breakage due to heat generation, but I believe it is indeed too limiting.

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
miryugaming

I believe ASUS is intentionally limiting the CPU and GPU so that the ROG Phone will not be susceptible to breakage due to heat generation, but I believe it is indeed too limiting.

View post
OK I accept why all the mobile didn't suffered the same issue.

miryugaming
Rising Star I
(Addition)
Personally, I think that the Snapdragon 888+ is very prone to heat up (as well as Japanese games, which heat up quickly when played), so I think it would be good to limit the CPU and GPU, but I also think it would be better to add an option to not limit them.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
miryugaming

View post
Considering that the PM8150 chip is literally dying on these phones it's not unlikely.

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
miryugaming

(Addition)

Personally, I think that the Snapdragon 888+ is very prone to heat up (as well as Japanese games, which heat up quickly when played), so I think it would be good to limit the CPU and GPU, but I also think it would be better to add an option to not limit them.

View post
After change the motherboard some devices only affected I have proof.