SUNIRBAN
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ZenFone 5Z (ZS620KL)
Firmware Version: Version WW-100.10.107.123
Rooted or not: Non-Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Random
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NA
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My Asus Zenfone 5z for the last 4 days charging randomly. Sometimes it won't charge whatever I do like change the cable or charger. Then if I just leave the phone for sometimes say about 30 min-1 hr (connected or not connected to charger bothy works now), it'll start to charge again. If it starts charging, then it'll charge with any cable or charger; and when it won't, nothing makes it charge. And it's completely random, I don't know if I connect it, it'll charge or not, there's no indication or visible change in phone OS or performance. Can someone suggest any solution or point out what's the problem?
3 REPLIES 3

Roystoys
Zen Master III
SUNIRBAN

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus ZenFone 5Z (ZS620KL)
  2. Firmware Version: Version WW-100.10.107.123
  3. Rooted or not: Non-Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Random
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NA

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

My Asus Zenfone 5z for the last 4 days charging randomly. Sometimes it won't charge whatever I do like change the cable or charger. Then if I just leave the phone for sometimes say about 30 min-1 hr (connected or not connected to charger bothy works now), it'll start to charge again. If it starts charging, then it'll charge with any cable or charger; and when it won't, nothing makes it charge. And it's completely random, I don't know if I connect it, it'll charge or not, there's no indication or visible change in phone OS or performance. Can someone suggest any solution or point out what's the problem?

My phone charges randomly
Have you tried cleaning the USB port ? Try an ear bud with a little alcohol on it

fussion_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi, we suggest you to please visit the nearest ASUS service center for better assistance. We request you to call the service center before visiting. Locate here: https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

ugeeanyanwu
Star I
Greetings.
Please I have a similar issue. I am in Nigeria. My phone chargers randomly, especially under 20%, and then the highest it every gets to is 70%, then it stops.