System: Win 10
Battery or AC: yes
Model:  FX505GT
Frequency of occurrence: everytime it is on
Reset OS: no
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello, I meant to deal with these problems when I was under warranty but I am a student and was too busy, anyways,
- my Asus FX505GT won't update the system firmware
- it was advertised as having a 120hz refresh rate but there are no options to set the refresh rate to 120hz and the nvidia control panel has been deactivated for the most part
- if you set it into diagnostic boot mode to try and trouble shoot a problem where it goes into high performance mode by default (instead of the plan you select), the windows Hello PIN is deactivated and you lose all access to the laptop (you have to do a shift+restart system restore from the hello page)

honestly there's been a ton of other problems, but I'm pretty good with computers and have been managing to keep this rickety barge afloat somehow
... not very impressive for the price tag. Anyone know any solutions to these issues?
9 REPLIES 9

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
Please try go to link below and update BIOS and other related driver. such as graphic driver.
ASUS TUF Gaming FX505GT - Support
Thank you.

crazyj_sob
Star I
Oh and also I am unable to access the support page on the Asus website after I select the laptop model number, or enter my serial number, the little circle spins non-stop and never loads further...

crazyj_sob
Star I
Ok thank you I will try that

crazyj_sob
Star I
Hello I attempted to install this and now windows will not start on my computer at all. "Diagnosing your PC", unable to start...