MT0
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog 5
Firmware Version:.226 (latest)
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:FREQUENT
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin impact
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Still trash performance even at the latest update, I was hoping on the latest update they will fix the downclocking of the cpu but ohh boy it' still the same.... locking at 1.08ghz when it reach up to 47c to 48c while playing genshin, what hurt the most is I'm only using medium settings at 60fps but it's barely reaching up to 50 fps while during combat or exploring demanding areas of the game.... I'm gonna attach a video to show I'm not kidding and for the asus mod to see that this phone is a joke at the current system update.....

92 REPLIES 92

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
Some devices not get current update .210 or.226.Its stuck on .86 only till now.that devices working good but after update rog5 series devices like 210 or 226 it's performance issue going there.

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
Anna-Kin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205823#Comment_205823

@Sarkiri Hey, I recently RMAd my phone and got a new Mobo and after that the phone has not received any updates and is stuck with Version WW-18.0840.2106.86 last year's July build.

Why dont you suggest me some games and scenarios to test so that we can build a proper comparison with the 226 version.

View post
Sure, I'll give you the steps and what game to test.
I will upload a video shortly and we'll both follow the same steps for fair comparison.

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
MT0

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205842#Comment_205842

Do genshin impact max settings using X mod and let's see you're cpu clock speed during intense combat at 47c to 48c and attach the video here. Thanks.

View post
I have just tested Call of Duty Mobile and BGMI (PUBG version for India) with "Advanced Hardcore Tuning Profile" and it looks like the performance didn't downclock to 1.42GHz even above 53C and I was getting the full performance of 2.84GHz.
It looks like Genshin Impact is the only game affected, even with "Advanced Hardcore Tuning Profile" my CPU clock would drop to 1.42GHz when the temperature reaches 42C.
Thanks to a friend who mentioned his CPU clock didn't drop in other games above 50C that I was able to test more properly, since I bought this phone mainly to play Genshin Impact, so I was mostly testing these issues in Genshin Impact since the graphics is very intensive, it was very good for benchmarking.

I also have an update regarding the System Modes like X-Mode, Dynamic, Ultra Durable and Advanced mode not working that I had mentioned in my previous comments and other topics, I would like to correct myself about what I previously said.

The system modes like X-Mode, Dynamic and Advanced are now working or it was working before in .210 update. I just didn't bother to check it thoroughly.

1 - X-Mode
X-Mode.mp42 - Advanced Mode
Advanced Mode.mp4
In the videos you can see the CPU clock speeds change when I activated X-Mode and Advanced mode but they have really "Downgraded" the performance of these modes so bad that they look like it's not working and only through "Advanced Hardcore Tuning" you can get the full performance like how it use to.

You can see the CPU 4, 5 and 6 clocking between 710 - 840 MHz and CPU 8 at 844 MHz and when I activated X-Mode+ the clock speeds of CPU 4, 5, 6 and 7 all went to 1555 MHz (1.56GHz in Game Genie) when previously it never drops below 2.38GHz even above 55C when I activate X-Mode+.

I have done the same test with Advanced Mode.

With Thermal Limit, CPU, GPU and RAM set to all low.
-CPU 4, 5, 6 and 7 clocking at 1324 - 1305 MHz ( 1.30GHz in Game Genie)

With Thermal Limit, CPU, GPU and RAM set to all Medium.
-CPU 4, 5, 6 clocking between 1440 - 1776 MHz.
And CPU 7 at 1420 MHz (1.42GHz in Game Genie.)

With Thermal Limit, CPU, GPU and RAM set to all High.
-CPU 4, 5, 6 and 7 are all clocking at 1555 MHz (1.56GHz in Game Genie)

It looks like Genshin Impact is the most affected as it is a very graphics intensive game and those clock speed are not enough for the game to run at 60 FPS.

The "Advanced Hardcore Tuning Profiles" are still working for other games and you can play at the full performance 2.84GHz clock speed without downclocking to 1.42GHz even above 50+C.

But this is not the case for Genshin Impact, It starts to thermal throttle at 42C and my CPU clock drops to 1.42GHz at 42C and above.

Since I bought the ROG Phone 5 mostly to play Genshin Impact, I was not able to do the test more properly earlier as I mostly play Genshin Impact. I have now tested with CODM and BGMI and they are very smooth and doesn't downclock the CPU even above 55C with Advanced Hardcore Tuning Profile.

MT0
Rising Star II
Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205853#Comment_205853

I have just tested Call of Duty Mobile and BGMI (PUBG version for India) with "Advanced Hardcore Tuning Profile" and it looks like the performance didn't downclock to 1.42GHz even above 53C and I was getting the full performance of 2.84GHz.

It looks like Genshin Impact is the only game affected, even with "Advanced Hardcore Tuning Profile" my CPU clock would drop to 1.42GHz when the temperature reaches 42C.

Thanks to a friend who mentioned his CPU clock didn't drop in other games above 50C that I was able to test more properly, since I bought this phone mainly to play Genshin Impact, so I was mostly testing these issues in Genshin Impact since the graphics is very intensive, it was very good for benchmarking.

I also have an update regarding the System Modes like X-Mode, Dynamic, Ultra Durable and Advanced mode not working that I had mentioned in my previous comments and other topics, I would like to correct myself about what I previously said.

The system modes like X-Mode, Dynamic and Advanced are now working or it was working before in .210 update. I just didn't bother to check it thoroughly.

1 - X-Mode

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ta0xj6Zcdqlz546oewK9nEu_e0uoqMtF/view?usp=sharing

2 - Advanced Mode

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zwmTpNK-CQKwZDLxOmIX4SQ5qJ3wEcrA/view?usp=sharing

In the videos you can see the CPU clock speeds change when I activated X-Mode and Advanced mode but they have really "Downgraded" the performance of these modes so bad that they look like it's not working and only through "Advanced Hardcore Tuning" you can get the full performance like how it use to.

You can see the CPU 4, 5 and 6 clocking between 710 - 840 MHz and CPU 8 at 844 MHz and when I activated X-Mode+ the clock speeds of CPU 4, 5, 6 and 7 all went to 1555 MHz (1.56GHz in Game Genie) when previously it never drops below 2.38GHz even above 55C when I activate X-Mode+.

It looks like Genshin Impact is the most affected as it is a very graphics intensive game and those clock speed are not enough for the game to run at 60 FPS.

The "Advanced Hardcore Tuning Profiles" are still working for other games and you can play at the full performance 2.84GHz clock speed without downclocking to 1.42GHz even above 50+C.

But this is not the case for Genshin Impact, It starts to thermal throttle at 42C and my CPU clock drops to 1.42GHz at 42C and above.

Since I bought the ROG Phone 5 mostly to play Genshin Impact, I was not able to do the test more properly earlier as I mostly play Genshin Impact. I have now tested with CODM and BGMI and they are very smooth and doesn't downclock the CPU even above 55C with Advanced Hardcore Tuning Profile.

View post
Thank you for posting this bro this really help me and the others , sadly I'm same as you the main reason I bought this phone because of the sole purpose of playing genshin impact..... Because on the early firmware of the phone even at 55c + the phone is still maintaining 2.38ghz which you can still play smoothly during intensive battle or demanding area... on the game The lowest fps you'll get is mostly around 40 fps your rarely see 30 fps......
So basically genshin impact is the most affected by this new update.... Well that's a bummer 😞
I also emailed asus regarding our concern: they replied immediately and they will do a diagnostic performance regarding genshin impact. I hope in the next update they will finally fix it... but still have my doubts 🤞

Indr
Rising Star II
Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205853#Comment_205853

1 - X-Mode

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ta0xj6Zcdqlz546oewK9nEu_e0uoqMtF/view?usp=sharing

2 - Advanced Mode

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zwmTpNK-CQKwZDLxOmIX4SQ5qJ3wEcrA/view?usp=sharing

View post
How to use advance hardcore tuning for BGMI & COD please tell me..
As in X Mode & Advance I don't get the maximum performance.
Please share step by step...