This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many of you have faced issues after motherboard replacement?

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Hi, just curious to know how many of you have faced issues after replacing the motherboard! I have faced the same issue yesterday being in Android 12 beta, so i am making a separate thread so that you all can mention specifically all the problems you faced after the replacement, number of replacement done and also if you were charged for the replacement of motherboard after the product went out of warranty having the motherboard replaced.
I am going to show this to the regional head of SQM so that they get to know what exactly we are facing. I know that its a naive start, but please support so that others can also benefit out of it and Asus takes some action as an official statement.
40 REPLIES 40

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
Anna-Kin

I received my phone back today after submitting for Motherboard replacement.

The two issues I faced are Wifi was not working and second being battery lasted for about 3 hours.

They did not replace the battery however they replaced the Motherboard, I suppose I will contact them again after testing the battery life.

View post
If I'm not mistaken, a battery calibration can easily fix your issue; maybe the sc forgot to do it

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Anna-Kin

I received my phone back today after submitting for Motherboard replacement.

The two issues I faced are Wifi was not working and second being battery lasted for about 3 hours.

They did not replace the battery however they replaced the Motherboard, I suppose I will contact them again after testing the battery life.

View post
Please do keep on posting for any bugs or repeat telecast of the wifi. I am using this as an evidence of proof to sue the company for providing defective faulty device sold and poor services provided.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
ExodusCODM

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205772#Comment_205772

They haven't extended my warranty after my motherboard replacement (obviously they will never). I got the device back a week ago after the mb replacement; so far, haven't noticed anything major as such but I've a feeling that something will come out of nowhere anytime just like the last time.

View post
I am not sure which country your from but i have used Samsung, OnePlus, Xiaomi phones before and when enquired about the change in parts - whether its a original or refurbished , they have provided the invoice for the same. If they denied like Samsung had done, I had filled an RTI( Right to Information Act) on them after which the service centre was compelled to reveal it and caught for replacing from other refurbished dead phones.
Moreover almost all other brands do have atleast 6month of warranty on the motherboard replacement. Not sure why they didn't give you. Many users have also reported that the service centre have extended the warranty. So in your case why didn't happen i am not sure. It should be equal for all.

MT0
Rising Star II
ExodusCODM

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205772#Comment_205772

They haven't extended my warranty after my motherboard replacement (obviously they will never). I got the device back a week ago after the mb replacement; so far, haven't noticed anything major as such but I've a feeling that something will come out of nowhere anytime just like the last time.

View post
Email them on asus website and click contact and tell them you're complain on You're phone and tell them you want them to extend you're warranty. That's what I did and less than an hour they extended my warranty to another year.

hhop3936
Star II
hp9976802431

Hi ,I already changed the motherboard twice.Still the problem remains again and again.Now the device is in service center only .They done test process finished.This time no parts changed.service engineer told your phone working properly. Coming week i will collect my device in service center.If the problem not resolved I should go for a legal complaint on asus.They Are fraud I lost my money my valuable time and I totally depressed.

View post
Lodge a complaint on consumer forum . I already did it today. I can't replace motherboard after warranty because of its price expensive arround 38k