MT0
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog 5
Firmware Version:.226 (latest)
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:FREQUENT
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin impact
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Still trash performance even at the latest update, I was hoping on the latest update they will fix the downclocking of the cpu but ohh boy it' still the same.... locking at 1.08ghz when it reach up to 47c to 48c while playing genshin, what hurt the most is I'm only using medium settings at 60fps but it's barely reaching up to 50 fps while during combat or exploring demanding areas of the game.... I'm gonna attach a video to show I'm not kidding and for the asus mod to see that this phone is a joke at the current system update.....

92 REPLIES 92

Indr
Rising Star II
Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205775#Comment_205775

If you only play low graphics games like PUBG, Call of Duty Mobile, etc and only play on medium settings than your phone won't heat up that much. I prefer to play games on the Highest settings possible.

Try Playing Genshin Impact without the cooler on the highest settings and your temperature would easily go above 50C, but with the current firmware .226 you won't be able and go over 50C since they have downclocked the CPU and we are only getting half the performance now.

View post
Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205775#Comment_205775

If you only play low graphics games like PUBG, Call of Duty Mobile, etc and only play on medium settings than your phone won't heat up that much. I prefer to play games on the Highest settings possible.

Try Playing Genshin Impact without the cooler on the highest settings and your temperature would easily go above 50C, but with the current firmware .226 you won't be able and go over 50C since they have downclocked the CPU and we are only getting half the performance now.

View post
But Bro My temparature goes to almost 52 when played for 1.2 hours Genshine Impact in highest graphics.. you stated that after .226 temp never goes to 50.
I will show my temp, but CPU clock is downgraded so much, as before I played 50-60 FPS all the time but now lowest FPS I noticed 27 is this some kind of Joke by Asus??
Is this a Gaming Phone with this type of performance, my Poco F1 still having 40 FPS with High settings.
Asus Looted use, not only performance for me, random restart is a big issue for me, their so called engineer checked several times still problem persists but they don't give me Replacement, Nice Joke.
My wish is if this Shitphone lasted over just one more Year I will be relaxed then & throw this garbage away & never ever Asus Again..

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
Indr@@@@@123

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205795#Comment_205795

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205795#Comment_205795

But Bro My temparature goes to almost 52 when played for 1.2 hours Genshine Impact in highest graphics.. you stated that after .226 temp never goes to 50.

I will show my temp, but CPU clock is downgraded so much, as before I played 50-60 FPS all the time but now lowest FPS I noticed 27 is this some kind of Joke by Asus??

Is this a Gaming Phone with this type of performance, my Poco F1 still having 40 FPS with High settings.

Asus Looted use, not only performance for me, random restart is a big issue for me, their so called engineer checked several times still problem persists but they don't give me Replacement, Nice Joke.

My wish is if this Shitphone lasted over just one more Year I will be relaxed then & throw this garbage away & never ever Asus Again..

View post
That's because I am playing with the "Aeroactive Cooler" and a "Peltier Cooler". I never play games on my phone without the cooler and bypass charging.
This is what I had been saying. I use to play at constant 60 FPS and only drops to 40 FPS in a big fight when there are a 5 to 6 enemies at the same time.
Now I am only getting 30 to 50 FPS while exploring and my FPS drops to 20 FPS in a big fight. Which is why I am so angry.

Indr
Rising Star II
Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205820#Comment_205820

That's because I am playing with the "Aeroactive Cooler" and a "Peltier Cooler". I never play games on my phone without the cooler and bypass charging.

This is what I had been saying. I use to play at constant 60 FPS and only drops to 40 FPS in a big fight when there are a 5 to 6 enemies at the same time.

Now I am only getting 30 to 50 FPS while exploring and my FPS drops to 20 FPS in a big fight. Which is why I am so angry.

View post
Yes that's the issue, now a new issue starts all of a sudden, before I faced random restart but now sometimes the phone is off automatically by itself need to press the power key to start the phone.
Happened near about 2 times for me, before I faced random restart which phone restarts automatically but now it's on restarted it's off on its own 😂😂
After that in battery graph shows a gap which you can see in screenshot
A big thanks to Asus.. ✌️

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205820#Comment_205820

View post
@Sarkiri Hey, I recently RMAd my phone and got a new Mobo and after that the phone has not received any updates and is stuck with Version WW-18.0840.2106.86 last year's July build.
Why dont you suggest me some games and scenarios to test so that we can build a proper comparison with the 226 version.

MT0
Rising Star II
Anna-Kin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205823#Comment_205823

@Sarkiri Hey, I recently RMAd my phone and got a new Mobo and after that the phone has not received any updates and is stuck with Version WW-18.0840.2106.86 last year's July build.

Why dont you suggest me some games and scenarios to test so that we can build a proper comparison with the 226 version.

View post
Do genshin impact max settings using X mod and let's see you're cpu clock speed during intense combat at 47c to 48c and attach the video here. Thanks.