This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many of you have faced issues after motherboard replacement?

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Hi, just curious to know how many of you have faced issues after replacing the motherboard! I have faced the same issue yesterday being in Android 12 beta, so i am making a separate thread so that you all can mention specifically all the problems you faced after the replacement, number of replacement done and also if you were charged for the replacement of motherboard after the product went out of warranty having the motherboard replaced.
I am going to show this to the regional head of SQM so that they get to know what exactly we are facing. I know that its a naive start, but please support so that others can also benefit out of it and Asus takes some action as an official statement.
40 REPLIES 40

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
I will support you and DM to me I will send all detail for you.

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
ReaperZ_Wolf

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205771#Comment_205771

Exactly. I can feel your frustrations. Imagine they change your motherboard on the 11th month and after a few months same issue happens. They will say then pay for the motherboard replacement. Which is absolutely illegal. Please do also let me know if they have extended the warranty or not. I will be later requiring your RMA which you may forward me personally, so that we can highlight all the cases to the court.

View post
They haven't extended my warranty after my motherboard replacement (obviously they will never). I got the device back a week ago after the mb replacement; so far, haven't noticed anything major as such but I've a feeling that something will come out of nowhere anytime just like the last time.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
ExodusCODM

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205772#Comment_205772

They haven't extended my warranty after my motherboard replacement (obviously they will never). I got the device back a week ago after the mb replacement; so far, haven't noticed anything major as such but I've a feeling that something will come out of nowhere anytime just like the last time.

View post
Exactly. The same thing even i am skeptical about as many users have reported. If they release an official statement then we can proceed ahead. Many brands do it but Asus till now hasn't owned to it.

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
ReaperZ_Wolf

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205781#Comment_205781

Exactly. The same thing even i am skeptical about as many users have reported. If they release an official statement then we can proceed ahead. Many brands do it but Asus till now hasn't owned to it.

View post
If only I had joined the forum before making my mind to purchase any rog device, I'd have just saved myself precious time and hard earned money. I just want the phone to survive at least for 1 more year and I'm done with Asus forever.

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
I received my phone back today after submitting for Motherboard replacement.
The two issues I faced are Wifi was not working and second being battery lasted for about 3 hours.
They did not replace the battery however they replaced the Motherboard, I suppose I will contact them again after testing the battery life.