MT0
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog 5
Firmware Version:.226 (latest)
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:FREQUENT
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin impact
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Still trash performance even at the latest update, I was hoping on the latest update they will fix the downclocking of the cpu but ohh boy it' still the same.... locking at 1.08ghz when it reach up to 47c to 48c while playing genshin, what hurt the most is I'm only using medium settings at 60fps but it's barely reaching up to 50 fps while during combat or exploring demanding areas of the game.... I'm gonna attach a video to show I'm not kidding and for the asus mod to see that this phone is a joke at the current system update.....

92 REPLIES 92

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
Jaga Lilin

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/I51E04FZ2KSQ/2022-02-25-21-23-31.mp4

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/P5BN354QZOZM/2022-02-25-21-24-16.mp4

Maybe you guys don't know how to use your phone at it full power🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Lastest update event make it easier we don't need to tweak as much as it used to be

View post
I have already seen your videos and it looks like you don't know what you are talking about.
Your FPS is dropping as low as 30 FPS and it's all over the place.
And no, Advanced Mode, X-Mode, Dynamic, Game Tuning Level 3 and Hardcore Tuning are all clocking at the same speed. There is no increase in performance or CPU clock speed when you activate them.
The only workaround was Advanced Hardcore Tuning but with the latest update .226 they started downgrading the performance even worse. It starts thermal throttling at 42C and downclock the CPU to 1.42GHz when before I have no issues playing over 55C and still get the same performance.
Since 55C is considered extremely hot I decided to get a peltier cooler and my temps never exceeded 48C even when playing for 2 or 3 hours with Max settings but now they have made the phone useless as the phone starts thermal throttling at 42C so coolers are useless to use with this phone now. You'll never get the same performance like it use to.

MT0
Rising Star II
Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205681#Comment_205681

I have already seen your videos and it looks like you don't know what you are talking about.

Your FPS is dropping as low as 30 FPS and it's all over the place.

And no, Advanced Mode, X-Mode, Dynamic, Game Tuning Level 3 and Hardcore Tuning are all clocking at the same speed. There is no increase in performance or CPU clock speed when you activate them.

The only workaround was Advanced Hardcore Tuning but with the latest update .226 they started downgrading the performance even worse. It starts thermal throttling at 42C and downclock the CPU to 1.42GHz when before I have no issues playing over 55C and still get the same performance.

Since 55C is considered extremely hot I decided to get a peltier cooler and my temps never exceeded 48C even when playing for 2 or 3 hours with Max settings but now they have made the phone useless as the phone starts thermal throttling at 42C so coolers are useless to use with this phone now. You'll never get the same performance like it use to.

View post
that's why I let him be cuz at this point he hasn't proven anything 😂 and just eating his own statements, he even mention he can play genshin at 50fps to 60 fps yeah you can if your below 40c 😂like on the first vid he attach where you can clearly see he's temp is only at 38c to 39c claiming his phone is running normal but as soon it hit around 40c above you'' see the performance drop considering the fact his last vid going 30 fps to 40fps during combat which is not a good fps considering the fact he's settings on the game is not all max out and the rog 5 is running a snapdragon 888 😂
Jaga Lilin

Lol thank you cause of this thread I tried to max out almost everything in the profile and get 60 fps at highest 🤣🤣🤣 although it will reach 50°C after I played only 5, minutes without any cooler (lol I never gonna use this profile without cooler)

View post
and do pls share again to us you're video and If we can see on you're vid that your can run the game at 60 fps at around 50c during intense combat maybe we can add that to our knowledge claiming if what you said is true🤨

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
@Sarkiri "And no, Advanced Mode, X-Mode, Dynamic, Game Tuning Level 3 and Hardcore Tuning are all clocking at the same speed. There is no increase in performance or CPU clock speed when you activate them."
Do you mean the shown CPU clock speed is wrong and it doesn't actually achieve the displayed 2.84Ghz in game genie?
Because in my opinion I can change it precisely to whatever I want from ~0.8ghz to ~1ghz over ~1.4 GHz and so on all the way up to 2.84Ghz and it really changes the performance.

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
ZT-6ba223c6

@Sarkiri "And no, Advanced Mode, X-Mode, Dynamic, Game Tuning Level 3 and Hardcore Tuning are all clocking at the same speed. There is no increase in performance or CPU clock speed when you activate them."

Do you mean the shown CPU clock speed is wrong and it doesn't actually achieve the displayed 2.84Ghz in game genie?

Because in my opinion I can change it precisely to whatever I want from ~0.8ghz to ~1ghz over ~1.4 GHz and so on all the way up to 2.84Ghz and it really changes the performance.

View post
Yes , that's exactly what we are telling. The cpu clock can't reach the desired speed as it should be

MT0
Rising Star II
ZT-6ba223c6

View post
just to make it clear it's only effected the vanilla version of the rog 5 series,
I don't think rog5 ultimate, rog5s , and rog5s pro are effected.
I can confirm this cuz my cousin's has rog 5s pro and use her phone and can still achieve the desire speed of the cpu up to 3.00ghz even if thermals goes up to 50c plus while playing genshin and still maintaining the clock speed 2.30 ghz when it thermal throttle. unlike on the classic rog 5 vanilla it locks the cpu to 1.08ghz when the thermals goes above 47c
that's the reason why were having huge fps drop while playing genshin impact.