MT0
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog 5
Firmware Version:.226 (latest)
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:FREQUENT
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin impact
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Still trash performance even at the latest update, I was hoping on the latest update they will fix the downclocking of the cpu but ohh boy it' still the same.... locking at 1.08ghz when it reach up to 47c to 48c while playing genshin, what hurt the most is I'm only using medium settings at 60fps but it's barely reaching up to 50 fps while during combat or exploring demanding areas of the game.... I'm gonna attach a video to show I'm not kidding and for the asus mod to see that this phone is a joke at the current system update.....

92 REPLIES 92

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I

MT0
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205691#Comment_205691

meanwhile 60fps on my Rog3 with custom kernel *laughing like a maniac*

View post
Nice good for you bro

Jaga_Lilin
Rising Star I
Lol thank you cause of this thread I tried to max out almost everything in the profile and get 60 fps at highest 🤣🤣🤣 although it will reach 50°C after I played only 5, minutes without any cooler (lol I never gonna use this profile without cooler)

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205691#Comment_205691

meanwhile 60fps on my Rog3 with custom kernel *laughing like a maniac*

View post
I'll exchange it for my rog 5, the active Cooler, the charger and even the 2-year warranty until July 2023
You should know that
Appearance New, but it only charges with the ASUS charger since .151, (there is hope, recognized by ASUS and planned correction, when ????
you have to activate-deactivate Airplane mode 4-5 times a day to recover the data
no VolLTE on most carriers
it runs RR3 between 2 re-installations, RR4 will be the big surprise
CS mobile and Wild Rift it's a big adventure , like Surfing, one shot up the wave 60 fps, one shot down 20 fps
Preferably play at the north pole
Otherwise, if you are a writer / novelist and produce a lot of loose leaf, it can be useful.
If you want to resell it and come across an interested Pokemon player, he puts it in your face because he can't use poke genius or Calcy IV if pokemon is in Armory Create. even his Wiko does that
Of course, but you know, it is forbidden to put it in a pocket
There is no SD card, it's useless for a player, but a nice RGB on the back, you have to play in front of a mirror of course

that's not all, but hey, we have to stop

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205702#Comment_205702

I'll exchange it for my rog 5, the active Cooler, the charger and even the 2-year warranty until July 2023

You should know that

Appearance New, but it only charges with the ASUS charger since .151, (there is hope, recognized by ASUS and planned correction, when ????

you have to activate-deactivate Airplane mode 4-5 times a day to recover the data

no VolLTE on most carriers

it runs RR3 between 2 re-installations, RR4 will be the big surprise

CS mobile and Wild Rift it's a big adventure , like Surfing, one shot up the wave 60 fps, one shot down 20 fps

Preferably play at the north pole

Otherwise, if you are a writer / novelist and produce a lot of loose leaf, it can be useful.

If you want to resell it and come across an interested Pokemon player, he puts it in your face because he can't use poke genius or Calcy IV if pokemon is in Armory Create. even his Wiko does that

Of course, but you know, it is forbidden to put it in a pocket

There is no SD card, it's useless for a player, but a nice RGB on the back, you have to play in front of a mirror of course

that's not all, but hey, we have to stop

View post
I have no interest in owning a Rog5 due to the hardware issues and even features. As a person that plays PC games on my 240hz monitor and high FPS games, having a motion chip is a massive turn off. Maybe one day I'll get donated a Rog5 and can then go ahead and fix the crappy performance and investigate how to fix it from the software side. It won't fix the borked wifi but I'm quite sure I can get thermals down by a lot and up the performance quite easily.