MT0
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog 5
Firmware Version:.226 (latest)
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:FREQUENT
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin impact
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Still trash performance even at the latest update, I was hoping on the latest update they will fix the downclocking of the cpu but ohh boy it' still the same.... locking at 1.08ghz when it reach up to 47c to 48c while playing genshin, what hurt the most is I'm only using medium settings at 60fps but it's barely reaching up to 50 fps while during combat or exploring demanding areas of the game.... I'm gonna attach a video to show I'm not kidding and for the asus mod to see that this phone is a joke at the current system update.....

92 REPLIES 92

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
MT0

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205601#Comment_205601

yeah... tell that to my black shark 4 with a snapdragon 870 all high settings max even at high temp at 48c still maintaining it's clock speed which make a stable fps around 50 to 60 fps... but yeah the only work around for this phone is to attach a cooler and my god I wouldn't recommend the official rog 5 cooler cuz it doesn't do sh______t is way more better to use a black shark cooler pro 2 at least my temps on genshin while using the cooler is around 44c to 45c which can maintain a core speed around 1.43ghz which is barrable.....at least it can maintain fps around 40 to 50fps during intense battle.....

View post
I have done a few tests today and they have made the performance even worse than before.
I was using a workaround method to restore the performance to the original through "Advanced Hardcore Tuning" in Game Profile Scenario since the "System Modes" like X-Mode, Dynamic, Ultra Durable and Advanced are all bugged (or they intentionally broke them). I was able to achieve the highest performance 2.84GHz through Advanced Hardcore Tuning but since yesterday update .226 it is no longer working. The CPU starts to downclock to 1.42GHz when the system temperature goes above 41C.
I bought a peltier cooler to play on the highest performance 2.84GHz and the temperature never goes above 48C even after playing for 2 to 3 hours on the highest settings in Genshin Impact but now it downclocks to 1.42GHz in just 10 or 20 minutes when the temperature reaches 42C. So, even with the cooler its useless now. You'll never get the full performance with ROG Phone 5.
The phone is performing worse as it is when they broke the System Modes like X-Mode with .210 update but now they fucking started thermal throttling at 42C making the performance even worse.
This phone is a fucking joke of a phone, never buy an Asus product again.
I did not buy this phone to play Candy Crush.

MT0
Rising Star II
Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205604#Comment_205604

I have done a few tests today and they have made the performance even worse than before.

I was using a workaround method to restore the performance to the original through "Advanced Hardcore Tuning" in Game Profile Scenario since the "System Modes" like X-Mode, Dynamic, Ultra Durable and Advanced are all bugged (or they intentionally broke them). I was able to achieve the highest performance 2.84GHz through Advanced Hardcore Tuning but since yesterday update .226 it is no longer working. The CPU starts to downclock to 1.42GHz when the system temperature goes above 41C.

I bought a peltier cooler to play on the highest performance 2.84GHz and the temperature never goes above 48C even after playing for 2 to 3 hours on the highest settings in Genshin Impact but now it downclocks to 1.42GHz in just 10 or 20 minutes when the temperature reaches 42C. So, even with the cooler its useless now. You'll never get the full performance with ROG Phone 5.

The phone is performing worse as it is when they broke the System Modes like X-Mode with .210 update but now they fucking started thermal throttling at 42C making the performance even worse.

This phone is a fucking joke of a phone, never buy an Asus product again.

I did not buy this phone to play Candy Crush.

View post
Thanks for the info bro, atleast we know they made it worst than before on the classic vanilla rog 5 , my cousin has the rog 5s pro so far on her system it's stable 2.30ghz up to 3.00ghz while playing genshin impact smooth like butter while playing on her device,so we know they really mess up the update on the classic rog 5 and I don't even know if the asus mod even care about the current situation of this phone performance update..

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
MT0

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205616#Comment_205616

Thanks for the info bro, atleast we know they made it worst than before on the classic vanilla rog 5 , my cousin has the rog 5s pro so far on her system it's stable 2.30ghz up to 3.00ghz while playing genshin impact smooth like butter while player on her device,so we know they really mess up the update on the classic rog 5 and I don't even know if the asus mod even care about the current situation of this phone performance update..

View post
Blackshark is a beast. I've been using blackshark 2 for over 2 years without any issue. Too bad in my country they didn't ship bs 4 , otherwise I'd have never gone for rog 5 in the first place.

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
MT0

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205616#Comment_205616

Thanks for the info bro, atleast we know they made it worst than before on the classic vanilla rog 5 , my cousin has the rog 5s pro so far on her system it's stable 2.30ghz up to 3.00ghz while playing genshin impact smooth like butter while player on her device,so we know they really mess up the update on the classic rog 5 and I don't even know if the asus mod even care about the current situation of this phone performance update..

View post
I had already mailed them about this issue a month ago and they are fully aware about the performance issue.
When I first bought the phone I was getting between 2.84GHz to 2.38GHz with X-Mode+ ON (need aeroactive cooler to activate X-Mode+). It starts to downclock to 2.38GHz above 40C but never goes below 2.38GHz it stays locked at that frequency.
Now, there is no difference in performance or clock speeds even if you activate X-Mode, change Game Tuning to Level 3 in Game Scenario Profile or Change the Thermal Limit, CPU, GPU and RAM Performance to all High in Advanced or Hardcore Tuning. The CPU clock never goes above 1.08GHz to 1.42GHz now.
They even took away the only workaround for getting the full performance through Advanced Hardcore Tuning with the latest update .226.
They said they are working on this issue and you saw what they did with the latest update instead.
I am so fucking mad at Asus right now.

MT0
Rising Star II
We all feel the same way bro, I might just sell this phone around 600 dollars to 500 dollars or less tbh and save the extra cash and get the new black shark 4 pro if they don't release anytime soon a new patch addressing this issue. Don't get me wrong I love asus rog products,most of my device are asus rog from computer parts,headphones,keyboard, mouse,router,chair... and the rog phone 5 is my first purchase on their phone series but I didn't know how bad their phone department is, the design is bad ass but when it comes to performance and reliability its a huge disappoinment, they only made it sure the phone runs perfect during its debut for the reviewer to see how impressive the phone is... but soon after the reviews are over the performance just drop and they made us their guinea pig to test each update they release...soon you'll see wifi problem, no sound for both speaker all of the sudden, and sudden shutdown where you can't even turn it on anymore, performance drop and more.....and less than a year I been at the service center 2 time already just to replace the motherboard and speaker for this phone to get it fix..... So yeah when it come to their phone products I would rather choose other brand than asus.