MT0
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog 5
Firmware Version:.226 (latest)
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:FREQUENT
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin impact
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Still trash performance even at the latest update, I was hoping on the latest update they will fix the downclocking of the cpu but ohh boy it' still the same.... locking at 1.08ghz when it reach up to 47c to 48c while playing genshin, what hurt the most is I'm only using medium settings at 60fps but it's barely reaching up to 50 fps while during combat or exploring demanding areas of the game.... I'm gonna attach a video to show I'm not kidding and for the asus mod to see that this phone is a joke at the current system update.....

92 REPLIES 92

Jaga_Lilin
Star III
If you want to play genshin impact peltier cooler is a must
that really trashy fps btw
I can reach 50-60 fps at medium although I tweak the advance setting a bit (only a bit) and use peltier
1more thing clock speed in game giene is only clock speed for core 7

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
I've already posted about it twice. Who knows whether it'll be fixed or not

MT0
Rising Star II
Jaga Lilin

If you want to play genshin impact peltier cooler is a must

that really trashy fps btw

I can reach 50-60 fps at medium although I tweak the advance setting a bit (only a bit) and use peltier

1more thing clock speed in game giene is only clock speed for core 7

View post
yeah... tell that to my black shark 4 with a snapdragon 870 all high settings max even at high temp at 48c still maintaining it's clock speed which make a stable fps around 50 to 60 fps... but yeah the only work around for this phone is to attach a cooler and my god I wouldn't recommend the official rog 5 cooler cuz it doesn't do sh______t is way more better to use a black shark cooler pro 2 at least my temps on genshin while using the cooler is around 44c to 45c which can maintain a core speed around 1.43ghz which is barrable.....at least it can maintain fps around 40 to 50fps during intense battle.....

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
MT0

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205601#Comment_205601

yeah... tell that to my black shark 4 with a snapdragon 870 all high settings max even at high temp at 48c still maintaining it's clock speed which make a stable fps around 50 to 60 fps... but yeah the only work around for this phone is to attach a cooler and my god I wouldn't recommend the official rog 5 cooler cuz it doesn't do sh______t is way more better to use a black shark cooler pro 2 at least my temps on genshin while using the cooler is around 44c to 45c which can maintain a core speed around 1.43ghz which is barrable.....at least it can maintain fps around 40 to 50fps during intense battle.....

View post
I have done a few tests today and they have made the performance even worse than before.
I was using a workaround method to restore the performance to the original through "Advanced Hardcore Tuning" in Game Scenario Profile since the "System Modes" like X-Mode, Dynamic, Ultra Durable and Advance are all bugged (or they intentionally broke them). I was able to achieve the highest performance 2.84GHz through Advanced Hardcore Tuning but since yesterday update .226 my CPU would downclock to 1.42GHz when the system temperature goes above 41C.
I bought a peltier cooler to play on the highest performance 2.84GHz like it was suppose to and the temperature never goes above 48C even after playing for 2 or 3 Hours on the highest settings in Genshin Impact but now it starts thermal throttling at 42C and my CPU clock drops to 1.42GHz. So there is no use even if you use a cooler now, you'll never get the maximum performance with ROG Phone 5 like it used to.
This phone is a fucking joke, never buy an Asus product again.
I did not buy this phone to play Candy Crush.