3. Model:
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Chromebook C536EA fan runs often
@Friday 5459
Sorry, I don't quite understand your question. What you want to reflect is that the frequent operation of the fan has affected your daily use?

Friday_5459
Star I
New Asus Chromebook C536. Using COG (app) to monitor temps, fan comes on at 35-40C (all CPUs), with usage 15-20%. The fan stays on for several minutes with temps at their lowest (28-32C), usage 4-7%. Just about any momentary spike in CPU usage will cause the fan to turn on and a long time at low usage and low temps to turn off. This does not seem normal. It's worth noting that the CPU is rated at 28 watts @ 3GHz.

Falcon_ASUS
Friday 5459

New Asus Chromebook C536. Using COG (app) to monitor temps, fan comes on at 35-40C (all CPUs), with usage 15-20%. The fan stays on for several minutes with temps at their lowest (28-32C), usage 4-7%. Just about any momentary spike in CPU usage will cause the fan to turn on and a long time at low usage and low temps to turn off. This does not seem normal. It's worth noting that the CPU is rated at 28 watts @ 3GHz.

View post
@Friday 5459
Does the situation improve if you reboot the chromebook? Does this problem occur all the time?