This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is every thread regarding the 3.5 mm jacket closed without a solution has been reached?

ZT-cc6941dc
Star I
Hi!
I bought my Zenfone 8 two weeks ago without knowing about the 3.5 mm jacket issue (phone hangs and reboots after 2 minutes with the headphone plugged in.
After searching for a solution, I see a lot of threads with people having the same problem, and every one of those threads is closed without a solution reached.
Why is that? Is ASUS completely ignoring the problem or unable to fix it?
I have tried everything people suggested (make sure that Android 11 was updated with the latest patches, then updated to Android 12), but nothing helps. The freeze and reboot appear approximately after nearly 2 minutes of talk time only when using plugged-in earphones (tried four different brand new ones), and never when using the speakerphone or a Bluetooth headset.
The main reason for (at least for me) buying this phone was for the 3.5 mm jacket. This is sad.

Best regards, Thomas
8 REPLIES 8

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @ZT-cc6941dc @stilha @zack4332
1.Make sure you are on the latest firmware version .92
2.I will send you all a PM with further instructions to collect logs and further investigate this issue, please check your inbox

stilha
Star I
I have version .72 and there is no newer...
Region coded maybe?

zack4332
Star II
Same, I'm on .72.
When was .92 released?

StealthRequiem
Rising Star I
.92 is Android 12 which if you don't have now you'll have to manually install or wait until the OTA resumes.