This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12

ice601
Star II
Dear Asus, I got my 4th phone from you. The last 2 pieces from the premium segment, but unfortunately I'm very disappointed . Android 12, what you put in the zenfone 8 is one big tragedy. Freezing top bar, crashing UI, high battery consumption, bad flat sound. Photo quality is not great either. So I don't know what's wrong. Please work urgently to fix it or I will be forced to switch to the competition. I use my phone as a work tool, not only to make phone calls but I also run other apps on it that need to work. Thanks, I'm rooting for you. Don't let me down.
36 REPLIES 36

landsome
Rising Star II
Nerdye

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/204901#Comment_204901

When u guys say factory reset, do u mean wiping the memory?

So I should back up my settings and then wipe the memory?

Just realised I made a typo in my original post.

" didn't make a backup before I upgraded to A12, if I downgrade to A11..."

I am already on A12 and did not back up before I upgraded .

View post
Yes, erase everything.

landsome
Rising Star II
ice601

It's not even possible that you have no problems with the A12. I have quite a few. In fact, I don't even want to reset my phone. Set everything up again 😞 but I guess there's no other way, otherwise the A12 is tormenting me.

Btw you also have those horrible switches on the A12 for Wi-Fi, bluetooth etc. Those big oval ones? Not like the nice little round ones used to be.

View post
Sure, by no problems I meant no problems that I am aware of. I am sure there are "some" problems there somewhere.
If by switches you mean the quick toggles / tiles, they are part of the A12 redesign by Google. All A12 ROMs have them (including AOSP / LineageOS), the notable exception being Samsung, which stuck to the old round tiles (a great idea!).

Nerdye
Star III
Did my factory reset last night, on day 1 of A12 after reset.

So far so good. Things seem smooth.
Fingerprint scanner seems to be working slightly more accurately, previously it kept failing to read my thumb.

Will report in on other issues in the coming days.

landsome
Rising Star II
Nerdye

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/204901#Comment_204901

When u guys say factory reset, do u mean wiping the memory?

So I should back up my settings and then wipe the memory?

Just realised I made a typo in my original post.

" didn't make a backup before I upgraded to A12, if I downgrade to A11..."

I am already on A12 and did not back up before I upgraded .

View post
Good to hear. Good luck with a clean A12!

ibo13700
Star II
Hello guys, since I upgraded manually to A12 betas from Asus (the one from closed beta) I don't get OTAs, I have to manually download it and put it in the root of my storage and wait for the phone to find it and install it. Anyone knows why?