This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Term Software Support

S4t
Star III
What's ASUS update plan for this phone? For how long will it be kept up-to-date?
I tried to find this information but can't find it anywhere. Brands like Google (3 years/major Android updates) and OnePlus (2 major updates + 1 year of security updates) have public pages about this, but not ASUS.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
For security updates we have minimum 2 years

S4t
Star III
Anders_ASUS

For security updates we have minimum 2 years

View post
Thanks Anders.
About major updates, this phone was released with Android 9 and Android 10 is being tested. Do you know if it will get the next major update (Android 11(?) which should be released next year)?
I'm just trying to understand where this "new" Asus is going. It's nice to see new phones running clean and smooth Android versions, but there are still some question marks about software support.

shyamprabhu_g
Rising Star I
S4t

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/20478#Comment_20478

Thanks Anders.

About major updates, this phone was released with Android 9 and Android 10 is being tested. Do you know if it will get the next major update (Android 11(?) which should be released next year)?

I'm just trying to understand where this "new" Asus is going. It's nice to see new phones running clean and smooth Android versions, but there are still some question marks about software support.

View post
I remember Asus promising updates till Android 11 for Zenfone 6 during its launch.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Yes, it will get Android 11 too