Sayed
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog3
Firmware Version: 196
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): the phone
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I will tell you the whole stroy
I bought rog2 when it was first released i was very happy with it
Until an update rolled out and the phone started to suddenly auto restarts and auto shutdown
I was vey frustrated, until o found out on the discussion one mod said that there was some faulty-units with a some circuit problems ,i thought my phone was like this but didnt believe that because it did not suffer this problem before the update
So i just left there in the drawer and went to the same trap again
And bought the rog3
I was very happy and all
No auto restart no what so ever could ruin the experience
Until, a new discussion about ww-roms and tencent versions
And here was the first surprise
I discovered that my device was one of those units a Chinese version with ww-rom or (a non-supported device )
I couldn't return of course
So I accepted the truth and continued to manually updating the device without any problem
Until the second update of a10
And the problems started
Heat problem
Low speaker volume problem
False touches
And the last one was a slow performance but like a real awful type of bad performance
Any how
I opened my drawer to see my old rog2
I charged it and started it, there was a new update to a11I i updated it and started using it
I opened codm and played for a complete hour charged it with hyper charge et voila nothing happened No auto restart no shut down nothing at all
Long-story-short
I think asus is ruining the user experience so we just have to buy another device
My rog3 is suffering from heat slow performance false touches and of course not being supported (because of asus not being able to control its market)
My rog2 was the same then the magic of leaving in the drawer happened
I think when we see rog6 and rog3 is no longer supported we will see the magic again
I was so happy to but asus product specially rog phones
But today i would not ever recommend those devices to any one
3 REPLIES 3

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Sayed

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: rog3
  2. Firmware Version: 196
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): the phone

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I will tell you the whole stroy

I bought rog2 when it was first released i was very happy with it

Until an update rolled out and the phone started to suddenly auto restarts and auto shutdown

I was vey frustrated, until o found out on the discussion one mod said that there was some faulty-units with a some circuit problems ,i thought my phone was like this but didnt believe that because it did not suffer this problem before the update

So i just left there in the drawer and went to the same trap again

And bought the rog3

I was very happy and all

No auto restart no what so ever could ruin the experience

Until, a new discussion about ww-roms and tencent versions

And here was the first surprise

I discovered that my device was one of those units a Chinese version with ww-rom or (a non-supported device )

I couldn't return of course

So I accepted the truth and continued to manually updating the device without any problem

Until the second update of a10

And the problems started

Heat problem

Low speaker volume problem

False touches

And the last one was a slow performance but like a real awful type of bad performance

Any how

I opened my drawer to see my old rog2

I charged it and started it, there was a new update to a11I i updated it and started using it

I opened codm and played for a complete hour charged it with hyper charge et voila nothing happened No auto restart no shut down nothing at all

Long-story-short

I think asus is ruining the user experience so we just have to buy another device

My rog3 is suffering from heat slow performance false touches and of course not being supported (because of asus not being able to control its market)

My rog2 was the same then the magic of leaving in the drawer happened

I think when we see rog6 and rog3 is no longer supported we will see the magic again

I was so happy to but asus product specially rog phones

But today i would not ever recommend those devices to any one

Works like magic
Rog3 is literally getting A12, what on earth do you mean ASUS no longer supports Rog3? Just because you purcahsed a refurbished Rog3 doesnt mean everyone has the same issues. Most Rog3 users only complaint is the terrible calibration on the display otherwise the phone is perfecly fine. Also your Rog2 will start restarting a lot again, no worries, the PM8150 chip in your Rog2 is on its last legs.
// Inflammatory comments removed by moderator.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Sayed Sorry to hear about your issues. I just want to make it clear to you (and anyone happening upon this thread) that we in no way, shape or form design our software updates with the intention of introducing bugs or system issues - this is simply not the case.

Sayed
Star II
@Gustav_ASUS thank you for replying, can you help me find solutions for those rog3 problems

-False toches (i thought it was from the screen protection but it wasnt)
This is happening all the time not while gaming only

-Very High temperature while charging
-i think also this temperature is causing throttling so the performance is not that very good
Especially while gaming ,even xmode is on
I tried charging bypass, the heat continues

-low speaker volume mostly the lower one
I tried volume booster app work very good but there is a lot of bass while using those apps