This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Battery Drain on Zenfone 8 on Android 12

Vanja1986
Star III
Battery is horrible on my zenfone 8 on Android 12. Draining at extrealmly fast rate. 1% per 2 minutes of using the phone.
8 REPLIES 8

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @Vanja1986
1.Make sure you are running on the latest firmware
2.You can do the following steps to get a better measure of your drain:
Charge your device to 100% before going to bed -> Put your device in flight mode and note the time -> Check the battery level in the morning and note the time again.
Report back to us your results.

Vanja1986
Star III
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @Vanja1986

1.Make sure you are running on the latest firmware

2.You can do the following steps to get a better measure of your drain:

Charge your device to 100% before going to bed -> Put your device in flight mode and note the time -> Check the battery level in the morning and note the time again.

Report back to us your results.

View post
Hi,it became better over last 4 days. Maybe charging the phone for 2,3 weeks will unlock the full potential of the battery. Somebody told me that. Also,there are no OTA upadtes and im stuck on November security update.

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @Vanja1986
I´m glad to hear that the battery improved.
Also If you are running on an old firmware you can try upgrading it manually, here you can find latest drivers to install Zenfone 8|Phones|ASUS Global
Since you are currently on an older version you will have to upgrade step by step to get to the newest version .92

Vanja1986
Star III
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @Vanja1986

I´m glad to hear that the battery improved.

Also If you are running on an old firmware you can try upgrading it manually, here you can find latest drivers to install Zenfone 8|Phones|ASUS Global

Since you are currently on an older version you will have to upgrade step by step to get to the newest version .92

View post
I just Got the OTA update now. Version 92.it was a small one. Still not january or february security patch. Hope more fixes are comming soon. Tnx