This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 3, the heat temperature during play game is increased since upgraded to Android 11

sopiansouw
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 3
Firmware Version: Android 11 ".185"
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: after upgraded to Android 11
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I usually playing Genshin Impact with Android 10 and settings highest graphic at 30 fps only reach 40-44 degrees Celcius in the room without air conditioner
But after upgraded to Android 11 updated patch ".185", the heat is increased to 44-47 degrees celcius in the room without air conditioner. Anyone feel the same as I felt with ROG 3 Android 11 updated patch?
How to fix this issue? Or how to send this issue to ASUS so they can fix heat increased issue in Android 11 at next system update?
Thank you for the answer

19 REPLIES 19

Pervage
Rising Star II
thomasborysiak

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201399#Comment_201399

And where is the point to upgrade ? If it's heating more it eats battery more! I keep saying this all the time!

Went back to 10 and not thinking about 11 at all!

View post
If your battery consumption is more valuable than your system or personal data..its okay to stick around A10. I am not saying A10 is not at all secure anymore. But recently a lot of Vulnerability came into notice. Even couple of days back Windows and Chrome faced a high severity vulnerability.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Pervage

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201465#Comment_201465

If your battery consumption is more valuable than your system or personal data..its okay to stick around A10. I am not saying A10 is not at all secure anymore. But recently a lot of Vulnerability came into notice. Even couple of days back Windows and Chrome faced a high severity vulnerability.

View post
Correct. The issue isnt vulnurabilities but if you find serious ones. The ones present in the a10 kernel are easy to exploit and the user will never know. They might be feesing their personal data and even bank information to random people. Even their fingerprint and faceid print are easy to take. The vulnurabilities in asus a10 kernel are very serious

ZT-32dc1960
Star III
Я так-же шитаю что А10 в данный момент лучшая поошивка

MrBlackCrush
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/204833#Comment_204833

Please stop spreading your nonsense. Just because you don't have a lick of a clue how software works doesn't mean you need to tell people to expose themselves to hackers. Join the flat earthers and believe whatever you want but don't spread your nonsense to human beings with a functioning brain, thanks.

View post
Not saying the safety issues don't exist, just saying the probability you get hacked just because you use android 10 instead of 11 is extremely low, definetly increased battery drain is a bigger issue for users.
Android 10 is still probably more safe than Windows then.
And the apps we use for bank etc.. has multiple security systems -.-
Also, Google steals my personal data everyday so Android 10 is playing a small part here lol

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
MrBlackCrush

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/204836#Comment_204836

Not saying the safety issues don't exist, just saying the probability you get hacked just because you use android 10 instead of 11 is extremely low, definetly increased battery drain is a bigger issue for users.

Android 10 is still probably more safe than Windows then.

And the apps we use for bank etc.. has multiple security systems -.-

Also, Google steals my personal data everyday so Android 10 is playing a small part here lol

View post
No, the probability to get hacked is decently high. What isnt the issue here is outdated android, the issue here is the fact that ASUS has stopped updating drivers and security patches in A10 where 2 extremely important vulnurabilties have been discovered:
- CVE-2020-11225
- CVE-2020-11167
These 2 allow the hacker not only to relatively easily access your device, but literally take full control taking everything. Not just some random data miner but literally gaining access to your bank accounts and identity which makes it absolutely worth it. We are not talking about any very situational exploit that the user needs physical access or is almost impossible to implement while being able to maybe read 1 line of SMS text, which usually the case hence you shrug it off as it's no big deal, however these 2 vulnurabilties are relatively easy to do, are remote and give the hacker kernel level access to your phone, meaning they have access to everything.
Rog Android 10 is extremely unsafe.
Security systems mean nothing because the hacker has your literal identity, they have your phone number, fingerpring, faceID and whatnot. They don't need to cirumvent security systems because they simply login as you or simply get an alert when you login yourself to gain access to your account as they will have the access token given to you buy your own bank account. You seem to be under the impression that they just keylog your logins or something, which is grossly underestimating what access you give people by having those exploits in your Phone.
Google taking anonymised data and making it comparible to giving a guy your literal identity and access to literally everything you have, is simply showcasing your utter ignorance on the matter.