ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: .210
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always if music lightning effect is on
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): any games
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The system lightning is, for some reason, treating game music as normal music. If I'm keeping lightning option on for music playback, inside my games too the RGB is flashing on beats ( responding to game beats). If I recall, it wasn't an issue earlier and it never treated game audio as music .
6 REPLIES 6

rStar
Rising Star II
ExodusCODM

1. Model Name: Rog 5
  2. Firmware Version: .210
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always if music lightning effect is on
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): any games

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

The system lightning is, for some reason, treating game music as normal music. If I'm keeping lightning option on for music playback, inside my games too the RGB is flashing on beats ( responding to game beats). If I recall, it wasn't an issue earlier and it never treated game audio as music .

Another game genie bug (RGB lightning)
Yes i also noticed that yesterday and thought its normal.
Because i barely use aura light syncing with music.
So disabled it again and kept mum 😃

Indr
Rising Star II
ExodusCODM

ExodusCODM

Can you share some screenshot/Video of RGB before this bug? Actually I did not notice RGB before when playing games..

But right now when I launch a game the RGB respond as stated in lightning option in Games but when Game Music Starts its reacts as same when playing Music.
Please Share... I want to see how it's look as before this bug

rStar
Rising Star II
@Indr@@@@@123 No physical proof but its in my memories that Music-aura was not overriding Game-Aura like this when both options are enabled.
Red-white light blinks at the start of any game and it goes out, light comes back only after enabling X mode.
Now even if Game UI/BG Music is off and X mode is on, Music aura takes over.

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
Indr@@@@@123

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/58258/another-game-genie-bug-rgb-lightning

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/58258/another-game-genie-bug-rgb-lightning

Can you share some screenshot/Video of RGB before this bug? Actually I did not notice RGB before when playing games..

But right now when I launch a game the RGB respond as stated in lightning option in Games but when Game Music Starts its reacts as same when playing Music.

Please Share... I want to see how it's look as before this bug

View post
Sorry mate, I don'ts have any video or image records of this before the update (never thought this kind of issue can occur lol) but I'm 100 percent sure about it as I often used to check the back of the phone while gaming and my music RGB is always on as I like the effect