cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Release Schedule for Zenfone 8, Zenfone 7 and ROG Phone Series

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Admin

ASUS today announced that the latest Android 12 upgrade will be available for the ZenFone 8 series commencing in December, 2021. This will be followed by upgrades for the ROG Phone 5 and 5s series in the first quarter of 2022. The upgrades for the Zenfone 7 series and ROG Phone 3 series are expected during the first half of 2022.

This update inherits the major functional changes introduced in the official version of Android 12, as well as continuing the popular ASUS battery- and performance-management features. For Zenfone models, it also includes ZenUI-specific changes that allow easier navigation, streamlined control panels, increased visibility for better control and more customization options. 

ASUS has already recruited Zenfone 8 users for the Android 12 beta testing program. The beta program will help identify and fix bugs based on real user experiences before the final software is rolled out in December. 

zenfone-andriod-12-rolloutplan.jpg

rog-phone-andriod-12-rolloutplan.jpg

Android 12 Release Schedule for Zenfone 8, Zenfone 7 and ROG Phone Series

ASUS today announced that the latest Android 12 upgrade will be available for the ZenFone 8 series commencing in December, 2021. This will be followed by upgrades for the ROG Phone 5 and 5s series in the first quarter of 2022. The upgrades for the Zenfone 7 series and ROG Phone 3 series are expected during the first half of 2022.

zenfone-andriod-12-rolloutplan-1080x1080.jpg

261 REPLIES 261

Fedexp
Star III
still no Android 12 in Czech Rep. I know that i can downloading and installing manually, but this is about principe? i have bought flagship and i have to make manually?? very bad support. This mobile phone should recieve officially android 13 in future also, but i can not imagine how long we will waiting for A13?? maybe 2024?? no words.....

Rexator
Star III
Android 12 is much bugs and i think asus whant to fix this before make ut auto install. I think to fix all android bugs take some time. I think thats litle better they take some time and gett it better before. See all other phonemakers have very much bugs. Google phone had very much bugs over time from android 12.

bobekos1
Rising Star I
Ja też jestem na 11, czekam aż wskoczy sama aktualizacja do Androida 12 przez internet...

martinigbo
Star I
Hi, I have an Asus zenfone 8 that is a few months old.
 I have big problems with custom brightness.
 Several times a day, the screen remains dark and does not respond to light at all.
 Then it is only a restart that applies and then it works for a while.
 I use android 12.
 Does anyone else have the same problem?

Not applicable
martinigbo

Hi, I have an Asus zenfone 8 that is a few months old.

I have big problems with custom brightness.

Several times a day, the screen remains dark and does not respond to light at all.

Then it is only a restart that applies and then it works for a while.

I use android 12.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

View post
it happened to me like this several times