google assistant not working
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: Asus Zenfone 8
- baseband version: M18.104.22.168-Sake_0000110
- kernel version - 5.4.61-qgki-perf, builder2021-RS720-E9-RS8-G #1 TUE DEC 14 00:43:20 CST 2021
- EXTENSUON ROM: 1.1.31
- BUILD NUMBER: RKQ1.201022.002.30.12.112.72 release-keys
- Rooted or not: I dunno, bought it from an isaeli vendor.
- android version - 11
- Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): google assistant
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
lets say google assistant works. it recognizes my voice and everything is fine.
then, it starts malfunctioning i.e, I say "Ok Google" and I see that it had opend up and I hear the ping sound. but when I say something like "call X" or "play in spotify", it doesnt do anything.. only after I say ok google again, then it hears the rest of the instructions. So I have to actvate it twice.
after a few times like this, it stops woking completly. hey google setting is swiped right and blue. even if I retrain voice model it doesnt work.
It usually happens when I am in the car but not just. to make it work again I have to delete my voice model, disactivate google assistant and hey google, shutdown my phone, turn it back on, re-activate everything and sometimes it doesnt work even after this. .
BTW - shouldnt the phone suggest to update the android version to 12 by now?