This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAC gives weird sound

Dende
Star I
I recently got a pair of headphones (Shure AONIC 50) that, of course, automatically connect to my Zenfone 8 (running latest firmware) via LDAC. The sound has almost no bass and when I try to EQ it, I get massive clipping, but still no bass. What is even weirder, when I try to change the sampling rate from 96 kHz in the developer options, the sound is glitched and heavily fragmented.
I tested the headphones on a different smartphone with LDAC and everything is fine there, so I suppose it has to do with the Zenfone.
2 REPLIES 2

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @Dende
1.Could you confirm your current firmware version?
2.Does it happen with all apps and during phone calls?

Dende
Star I
I am running 31.1004.0404.81
It happens with all apps. Tested so far jetAudio, VLC, TotalCommander media player, YouTube. I did not test phone calls yet.
It also happened with 30.12.112.72.
If I switch to AptX HD the sound is full and clear, but I have to go to developer options and change the codec every time I connect the headphones.

EDIT: Out of curiosity I cleared the cache and deleted data of the Shure Play App (helpful to operate the headphones). It works now! Force closing it didn't help, that's why I assumed it was an issue with the Zenfone. Thanks for the awesome piece of work that is this phone!