This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icons and battery life

Roystoys
Zen Master III
This is probably a dumb question but that never stopped me asking before. Does having heaps of icons on the home screens use more battery like widgets do ?
6 REPLIES 6

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/204578#Comment_204578

Ok cool thanks I'll try it. I put a second Sim card in it about 3 weeks ago and I have been using the 5 G radio as well so I'm going to turn them off for today and see if they are the culprits . I'm pretty sure that for the first week or so with the second Sim and the 5 G radio the battery wasn't so bad but I am going to see how it goes today.

One thing that I have noticed lately is when charging it ,it used to keep charging when it hits 100% according to accubattery, but now it doesn't so maybe I was over charging it before. Now I keep a close eye on it when charging and take it off when it hits 100% regardless

View post
I put second SIM into my device a week ago and I don't see a higher battery drain so hopefully it will stay this way 🙂 I have 5G disabled as there is still no good 5G coverage here and I'd only feel the disadvantages of the technology (higher power consumption) as I don't really need higher data transfer speeds etc
because of the 2nd SIM in my phone I was checking battery life a little bit more than usual and I have set 90% battery charging limit and I was able to reach 6h+ SOT - indoors on WiFi and less gaming than usually but still quite nice result which surprised me but for example yesterday I only got a little bit over 4h

Roystoys
Zen Master III
martin.stavinoha87

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/204619#Comment_204619

I put second SIM into my device a week ago and I don't see a higher battery drain so hopefully it will stay this way 🙂 I have 5G disabled as there is still no good 5G coverage here and I'd only feel the disadvantages of the technology (higher power consumption) as I don't really need higher data transfer speeds etc

because of the 2nd SIM in my phone I was checking battery life a little bit more than usual and I have set 90% battery charging limit and I was able to reach 6h+ SOT - indoors on WiFi and less gaming than usually but still quite nice result which surprised me but for example yesterday I only got a little bit over 4h

View post
They are strange these z7,s . I know exactly what you mean, today my phone was back to normal but after thinking about it I have had the same issues before eg some days I get great battery life like two days of normal use for me then on other days with exactly the same use I get one day with still charge left in it but not enough to get another day without a top up. I have turned my 5 G radio Off today as we don't get enough even coverage in Melbourne Australia,I turn it on if I am in a good coverage area and I am downloading something. Back to my battery life, yesterday I got great life out of it again so I think that it's just the way they are,I suspect that I won't get the same result every charge though