This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Ultimate CPU Downclock (Limited CPU Performance)

MinerQuarry
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5 Ultimate
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2112.210
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): PUBG Mobile, PUBG New State, Genshin Impact, Minecraft
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My Asus ROG Phone 5 Ultimate Got The Wifi, Hotspot, And Bluetooth Not Turning On Problem And Got It's Motherboard Replaced. But After The Motherboard Got Replaced, It's CPU Got Limited Even When Playing With X Mode/X Mode+. The CPU Stays At 1.08 GHZ Constantly While Gaming. Especially In Genshin Impact I Can't Get 60fps Even For A Second. Before Getting My Motherboard Replaced My Phone Works Fine And Can Achieve Constant 60fps In Genshin. Is There Any Solutions Or Do I Need To Go To The Service Center Again? Thank You.
15 REPLIES 15

MT0
Rising Star II
Yep regret buying this phone I already went two time on the service center cuz of the hardware issue, first all of the sudden both speaker died no sound after buying the phone less than 3 months, went to my nearest service center and they replace my mother board and speaker so i was happy they fix it after 15 working days but less than 4 month the phone motherboard died and cant power on my phone no matter what I do and now after replacing again my mother board and downloaded the .210 update... When playing genshin its a joke of a performance for a gaming phone when you reach certain thermals to 42c up to 46 c in downclock your cpu to 1.08 ghz and stays that way up until you cool down the cpu temps below 40 and the sad reality is my poco x3 pro is doing much better performance when playing genshin rather than this garbage joke phone..... in each every system update they'll mess something up in the system performance.....so much for a 1000 dollars phone compare to a 200 dollar phone poco ..