This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth broken since update

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Since the last update my Bluetooth is a nightmare,no one can hear me properly.
I have it connected to a 2019 Toyota HiAce,s multi media unit and has always been crystal clear now I can hear them but they can't hear me properly.
Has anyone else come across this bug ?
Any ideas on a fix that doesn't involve a full reset?
62 REPLIES 62

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Well I am pretty sure that I have worked out what the problem has been and it is the Vodafone Sim card. I even went in to a Vodafone store yesterday and got them to replace the 5G Sim card Incase it was corrupted or something and the new Sim card does exactly what the old one does but the instant I pick the Telstra Sim card as the primary for mobile data it works as it should every time.
I paid Vodafone$150 for a 12 month Sim card only a couple of months ago, cheap I know for 12 months of 5G connection so the old saying is true eh ,,you pay peanuts you get monkeys! ,, In this case monkey crap The Telstra prepaid card is $300 for 12 months and thats just for 4G++. Their 5G Sim cards are $60 a month. I should have realised that it was too cheap but we learn from our stuff ups I suppose.On the Telstra Sim on 4G ++ I got 370 something Gbps download speeds, but that's parked under a cell tower I usually get up to the mid 200,s Mbps so that is plenty fast enough for what I need it for.
Next step, try the impossible, get a refund from Vodafone 🤣

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/199740#Comment_199740

you can attempt it, if that's the case then it's a battery saving bug.

View post
Danishblunt

View post
Danishblunt

View post
I don't know if this is possible but can a bad data cable corrupt android auto in my van ?
I am asking because I recently purchased a high quality Anker cable for my van to connect my wireless AAWireless dongle to my van and now it works great on either Sim card.

If that is possible I perhaps should have bought one ages ago.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Well I think I finally worked out what the problem was,I know I have said this before but this fix has lasted a few weeks now, all it was was a corrupt data cable,is this possible?? I purchased a high quality Anker cable and like that everything works again. I don't really understand why but it seems that when I connected my wireless android auto dongle with the bad cable to my van it would cause my vans multi media to play up including Bluetooth calls made after disconnecting it . Man talk about touchy ,it nearly drove me up the bloody wall . I knew I would get there in the end 😅