This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture card stuck at 60hz on some cards with higher passthrough

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
So I tested some cards and it seems that some cards do not play well with the Rog3 and probably by extension Rog5. For whatever reason the Phone thinks the capture card cannot go beyond 60hz.
Cards that will run 120hz+ are the El Gato 4k60 pro and ASUS RUF Gaming Capture CU4k30, however other more generic brands seem to struggle with the Rog3.
I already messaged @Gustav_ASUS about it and hopefully the devs will figure out whats going on, however until then do proper research before buying a capture card.
8 REPLIES 8

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Danishblunt Got it. Can you get back to me with the brand and model of the capture card that does not work like you expect it to?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Gustav_ASUS

@Danishblunt Got it. Can you get back to me with the brand and model of the capture card that does not work like you expect it to?

View post
Its a generic 240hz passthrough capture card. It has no brand on it. Just tell the devs to get any generic 240hz passthrough capture card, they are all plug and play and work the same way.
All the card says is 4k capture card but its probably working the same way as this one:
HDMI Video Capture Card 4K30P 1080P 120HZ Game Record and Live Streaming Device | eBay
any non elgato or avermedia card should work the same as my generic one. So the devs can get whatever non elgato/avermedia card they can find to test it.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Danishblunt Can you help out with a device log as well for the team to compare results with? I'll send you a PM.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Gustav_ASUS

@Danishblunt Can you help out with a device log as well for the team to compare results with? I'll send you a PM.

View post
I mean ull need to send the PM also I'm 99.999999% sure logs won't do anything to help