Blosky
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog phone 5
Firmware Version: ww_18.0840.2112.210
Rooted or not: No root
Frequency of Occurrence: Since today, 08/01/2022
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, i was in the last version (2112.200) using my phone today normally on youtube, then the sound stopped working, i closed youtube and opened it up again but still no sound, i played a music on Deezer and no sound either, i restarted the phone without luck either, i saw that there was a new update (2112.210) so i did the upgrade but i still have no sound. When on a call, the other person can hear me but i cant hear anything, when on speaker, the other person can't hear me.

It was working normally, ¿what happened and how can i fix it?
33 REPLIES 33

rStar
Rising Star II
Nuggetsu

Update: Got back my phone just now. Front desk told me it was a motherboard issue, so they went ahead and replaced it. The speakers themselves were attached as part of the MB. Sound's back and working exceptionally fine now, no surprises there considering the guts are all new haha.

Can see very slight marks on where they opened up the phone, but overall an exceptional job. Hopefully none of this nonsense repeats itself again.

View post
Same..
They replaced the motherboard and its working fine.
There's slight Mark where they opened..
atleast phone is working fine but heating up crazily. cpu throttle makes gaming experience laggy & awful.

Nuggetsu
Star II
rStar

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/204334#Comment_204334

Same..

atleast phone is working fine but heating up crazily. cpu throttle makes gaming experience laggy & awful.

View post
GG, maybe they forgot the thermal paste or something, better get that checked out before your warranty ends.
On another note, the Hey Google function stopped working a long while back, thought it was a software issue, plus i don't use it that often, so I paid no mind to it; but now with the new MB, it's working alright again. So word of advice to anyone reading, watch out for any telltale signs that something is wrong and get it checked out whilst the warranty is still on.

Indr
Rising Star II
rStar

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/204334#Comment_204334

Same..

View post
Same after Board replacement, games are choppy, FPS drops constantly, if i play on 90 FPS it never stay at 90 always 85/88/87, don't know why

rStar
Rising Star II
Indr@@@@@123

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/204338#Comment_204338

Same after Board replacement, games are choppy, FPS drops constantly, if i play on 90 FPS it never stay at 90 always 85/88/87, don't know why

View post
Did you reset your phone?
I haven't. when last time i did, nothing improved. Fw update info was wiped too.
Games are choppy because before last update cpu speed was around 2.27 ghz more often on game tuning level 2.
Now it drops to 1.42 ghz even when Phone temp is < 40°.

Indr
Rising Star II
rStar

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/204398#Comment_204398

Did you reset your phone?

I haven't. when last time i did, nothing improved. Fw update info was wiped too.

Games are choppy because before last update cpu speed was around 2.27 ghz more often on game tuning level 2.

Now it drops to 1.42 ghz even when Phone temp is < 40°.

View post
I Play on Dynamic mode! Never used game tuning or hardcore gaming... Yes reset also done.... Hope they will fix in next update.

Sometimes random restart happens specially when device is in idle mode.
Lots of problems my friend.