This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So no more security updates for Android 11 on Asus Zen 8?

casafusi
Star III
Hello guys and girls, sorry but so after the ridiculous update to Android 12 just for "hackers" and not for poor old people like me means no more updates for Android 11 ? This is a joke or it is real?
12 REPLIES 12

casafusi
Star III
I saw how poor is doing the Pixel 6 Pro, my brother has it and February update broke down wifi and Bluetooth. If you do not trust me google it.
So I feel android 12 is a very unstable system and Asus cannot be blamed since I think it is better to stay on Android 11 until it is safe to switch.

izani
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

We are currently keeping the Zenfone 8 Android 12 FOTA rollout on hold, after receiving reports of system issues encountered by some users. Our team is currently hard at work resolving these issues, and we plan to resume the FOTA process as soon as we have a more stable version ready for distribution.

Depending on how long this takes, we will roll out another A11 update with the latest Android security patch.

For users that want to manually update their devices to Android 12, we provide a manual update file on the Zenfone 8 support web page: https://www.asus.com/Mobile/Phones/ZenFone/Zenfone-8/HelpDesk_BIOS/

(If you run into any issues after upgrading your device to Android 12, please refer to the downgrade package that can be found on the support web page. Please make sure to backup any personal data before you start the downgrade process.)

View post

Thanks for the clarification. Should be let known earlier rather than leaving majority user in the 'dark'.
👍

rdsharp249
Star I
Just received the Android 11 update. I love the phone, but Asus has the worst communication of all brands. Please work on your communication!!