This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In less than a month, ScreenPad Plus on Zenbook Pro Duo 15 OLED (UX582LR) stopped working!!!!

Jay_Daw
Star I
System: Windows 11 Pro
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Zenbook Pro Duo 15 OLED (UX582LR). Bios: 303
Frequency of occurrence: All the time
Reset OS: Twice in last week
Screenshot or video: Screenshot
========================
Detailed description: I bought this machine on the 6th of Dec, 2021... I went for it because of the promoted ScreenPad that grabbed my attention as I work as a video editor and thought about it as a display for the Adobe Premiere timeline and video assets while I use the primary screen as my project monitor and effect controller plus using it as color corrector preference.
I already have my big workstation at home plus another couple in the office but sometimes (on weekends only), I edit a small amount of footage on-site which means I need a portable, powerful machine that can handle the task so that was the reason to choose this laptop and paid more than 5000 Australian Dollars for it.
Because I purchased it in December, I didn't have a chance to use it till mid-January due to the Christmas and the New year holidays so basically, I used it like 4 times on the weekends.
The third time I powered it, The ScreenPlus didn't turn on which was really weird but I didn't think much about it as it's still new to me so after finishing work last week I started to search for a solution online... I followed everything single instruction I could find on ASUS support sites and pages... I did reset the laptop twice... I uninstalled, Re-installed, Downgraded, Upgraded, and literally, I did everything possible to get it to work with no success!!!
I called ASUS Australia and the representative booked me an appointment with an authorized repair center that will keep the laptop there for up to 15 working days!!! Yes, 15 working days just to identify the issue, I am here trying to get some help as I do have lots of on-site video editing to accomplish over the next 4 weeks and honestly can't afford to leave it at the repair center...

Thanks in advance
Jamal
4 REPLIES 4

TraderGary
Rising Star I
I've had my UX582 for 6 months and love it. I had a similar situation where my Screen Pad Plus stopped working. My problem was purely pilot error. I had inadvertently pressed the button next to the Power button that turns the Screen Pad Plus OFF. It's a toggle for the Screen Pad Plus ON/OFF.

Jay_Daw
Star I
TraderGary

I've had my UX582 for 6 months and love it. I had a similar situation where my Screen Pad Plus stopped working. My problem was purely pilot error. I had inadvertently pressed the button next to the Power button that turns the Screen Pad Plus OFF. It's a toggle for the Screen Pad Plus ON/OFF.

View post
Yes I tried that button but no luck... All what it's doing is literally nothing!!!

Falcon_ASUS
Jay_Daw

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/203245#Comment_203245

Yes I tried that button but no luck... All what it's doing is literally nothing!!!

View post
@Jay_Daw
I have sent you a message, please check.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Jay_Daw
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/203267#Comment_203267

@Jay_Daw

I have sent you a message, please check.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
Hi... I replied to your message hope you can help me...