cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No USB-C display output on ROG Flow X13 GV301QE

RaddedMC
Star III
Hi all,
I've been having issues getting USB-C displays to work on my Flow X13 running Windows 11. I've tried a variety of docks/adapters, restarting my laptop, resetting my BIOS, messing around with drivers, nearly everything I can think of short of a factory reset.
Occasionally, I can get an image to show up on my monitor if I fully turn off the laptop (not just restart, but literally 'shut down' and then turn it back on again) but if I unplug and replug the type-c adapter into the same port, I will once again get no image.
Does anyone know of a solution?
76 REPLIES 76

XperiAndri
Star II
It is an old AMD driver

Butwhy
Star II
kejgoh

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/199296#Comment_199296

I'm not sure how many of you took the advice to send the x13 back for repairs.

I did, and just got it back after almost 4 weeks! They changed the motherboard and tested and indeed it came back working.

Now, after the repairs, the usb C connection remains stable during use. I didn't encounter the same sudden display signal loss as before. But now I have a different related issue much like for the many who reported in the Zentalk.

After the repair, I decided to go to win11 directly. The x13 typically works well with USB C connection to display and for charging from bootup. Then after using for a while, if I unplug the USB C connection, then reconnect, the display does not work more than half the time, although PD charging still works.

Disconnect and reconnect cannot recover the display.

To recover, I need to disconnect the USB C, shutdown, bootup again, and connect USB C. Typically it works ok. But I should take care not to disconnect the USB C, otherwise, I have to shutdown completely again.

It might be a software or firmware issue. Hope ASUS can resolve this for x13 which is supposed to be a premier product. But so far this issue has marred the product quite seriously!

View post
So that's the same problem I've been having. USBC charging works, but USBC Displayport output works once or twice then dies. This is a widespread problem with no solution. All drivers are updated in Armoury Crate / My Asus.
I don't want to send in my laptop for 4 weeks, and have the same problem again when I get it back.

kejgoh
Star II
There was a firmware update today. After the update this morning, I tested the usb C disconnect/reconnect routine for 4 times and each time the display came back on. I was getting more optimistic when the 5th try failed again!
This same evening, I rebooted again. Then used the laptop with the usb C display for a few hours. Then I decided to disconnect and reconnect. It failed to reconnect the display on the first try and could not reconnect without shutdown. So this morning's 4 disconnect/reconnect with the usb C working was just lucky.
The problem still remains.

kejgoh
Star II
Interestingly, when I tried the same disconnect/reconnect procedure with the left side usb C, it seems to be working well after more than 10 times without the need to shutdown.
For the right side usb C, it is now failing almost every time I disconnect. I have to shutdown, reboot, sometimes have to try a few times before the display comes on.

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
Thanks for your update.
We are continuing feedback information to related department.
We are scheduled to have next time FW update by the end of Feb. to fix the right side USB C.
Sorry for the inconvenience.