Did you mean: 

My phone keeps restarting again and again

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
  1. Model Name: Asus 6z (zenfone 6)
  2. Firmware Version: WW-16.1220.1906.167
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Continuously 
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): 
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I recently bought Asus 6z on 25th July. I installed the latest update and after usage of couple of days the phone kept rebooting again and again. Before rebooting started, the sim signals kept turning off and on again. I did a factory reset as well but the problem remained. 
Please provide a solution to this as many others here are also facing the problem. It cannot be a hard ware issue as the problem started AFTER the latest update (after reading all related threads here). 
41 REPLIES 41

Well to add to this, I came through this forum after I started facing constant restarts issue, then got the phone serviced from Asus service center on 26-AUG-2019 and Holla! They replaced the mother board and do you know what I started facing that issue again and I have given the phone again on 26-SEP-2019. So, the bitter truth is, there is seriously no resolution for this problem. This time as soon the mechanic temporarily fixes the problem, I going to sell it in OLX India. If anybody interested, can buy for very cheap price. Because the phone worth only so much... And guys, hey don't get tempted to ROG phone 2. That may also have similar problem. RIP all ASUS buyers!!!!!!!!

m4n15h_r4w4t
Rising Star I
@Anders_ASUS Got my phone from Service Centre today. They have replaced the motherboard and thankfully tightened the loose camera module as well. Hopefully, the motherboard won't die on me again. Interestingly, they've flashed .174 firmware on it. I've yet to decide whether I should update it to .193 or not.
I also found two APKs on my phone that they used for laser focus and motor testing. I'm attaching them here. Maybe you guys will find it useful. Use them at your own risk!!

m4n15h.r4w4t

@Anders_ASUS Submitted my phone in the Asus Service Centre today and explained them the whole ordeal. They acknowledged the motherboard issue in this phone. Hopefully they won't return me the phone with just a software update. I have also told them about the loose camera module. Hoping that issue will be resolved as well.

W5DNLU8Y6AFL.png

View post

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
m4n15h.r4w4t

@Anders_ASUS Got my phone from Service Centre today. They have replaced the motherboard and thankfully tightened the loose camera module as well. Hopefully, the motherboard won't die on me again. Interestingly, they've flashed .174 firmware on it. I've yet to decide whether I should update it to .193 or not.

I also found two APKs on my phone that they used for laser focus and motor testing. I'm attaching them here. Maybe you guys will find it useful. Use them at your own risk!!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/765/ABXTWAWI4LUA.apk

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/578/4YD5T8OJ9G41.apk

QWYFAF7HCW9M.jpg

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/18522#Comment_18522

View post
Good news. I hope you won't have any more issues from now on.
You can upgrade to latest version. The firmware has nothing to do with the restart issue you had before.

amandeep
Star III
This phone seems to be a waste of bucks only as there is no staisfactory reply on any restarting problem faced or the mic noise issue. I think none of the buyer is satisfied with this 6z product. Bad experience with Asus on the first purchase order.

amandeep
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/19720#Comment_19720

Good news. I hope you won't have any more issues from now on.

You can upgrade to latest version. The firmware has nothing to do with the restart issue you had before.

View post
No this has to do with the update as my phone was running butter smooth before the updates but after that it just keep on restarting again and again