cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update not detected ( android 12)

xp44
Star I
Hello.

Knowing that the android 12 update is not available in ota on the zen fone 8, I decided to download it manually.

For information, the version I currently have is version 30.12.112.72

I did move the updated msie file to the internal storage of the phone but when I restart the phone the update is not detected....
I do not understand

Do you have an idea of ​​the problem?

Thank you !

7 REPLIES 7

xiewf888
Star II
不用解压!直接存在手内存目录下

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @xp44
1.Please download firmware version from our official support site: Zenfone 8 (asus.com)
2.If you are on currently on 30.12.112.72 you will have to upgrade first to version .73 and after that to current version .81
3.Once you have downloaded firmware version, I recommend you to back up your phone data, then connect to PC and copy the firmware file to the root directory of device “internal storage” (do not unzip it)
4.Disconnect the device from PC, then the notification icon will comes up in the status bar on top left corner.
5. Press the FW notification on top left corner to upgrade.
6.After installation is done you can then delete file

sander_best
Star II
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @xp44

1.Please download firmware version from our official support site: Zenfone 8 (asus.com)

2.If you are on currently on 30.12.112.72 you will have to upgrade first to version .73 and after that to current version .81

3.Once you have downloaded firmware version, I recommend you to back up your phone data, then connect to PC and copy the firmware file to the root directory of device “internal storage” (do not unzip it)

4.Disconnect the device from PC, then the notification icon will comes up in the status bar on top left corner.

5. Press the FW notification on top left corner to upgrade.

6.After installation is done you can then delete file

View post
Downloaded A12 via Asus.com. Tho only the latest update, Version WW-31.1004.0404.81. Im not sure, but the «wallpaper & style» (maybe more features) setting is not appearing in the setting menu. Any solution?