This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove watermark from screenshots after latest FW update ?

Oxidian
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 3
Firmware Version: 180410.2201.192
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Armoury crate/game genie 5.10.1.1_211109
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I'm baffled how there's no one complaining about this...
Yesterday I updated my phone to the lasted build and now whenever I take a screenshot in a game there's this friggin giant horrible watermark taking 1/4 of the picture space on the bottom left of the picture...
image.png
I've looked for every setting to disable it, but no avail, it's not possible to stop armoury crate in any way, to unistall it or remove it...
There's was no mention of this crap on the list of updates, else there's no way I'd have update the phone...
How do I turn this thing off ? or how do I rollback FW ? Don't tell me I have to throw away the phone for this stupid update...
19 REPLIES 19

mightymarc8888
Star II
BPM

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/202793#Comment_202793

Correction: Turns out I was still on the .185 update when I took that screenshot, and just got the .192 update the other day. Now there is a watermark on my screenshots, too.

View post
There is a "temporary workaround" method to solve this. Just remove your game from Amory crate and play without it.there will be no ugly ROG logo watermark when u take screenshots.

BPM
Rising Star II
I'm aware. However, this shouldn't have even happened in the first place.

mightymarc8888
Star II
BPM

I'm aware. However, this shouldn't have even happened in the first place.

View post
Yup agreed. Tell that to the ROG /Asus dev team...not sure it's intentionally or someone is sleeping on the job..

Draxare
Star I
Gustav_ASUS

Hi guys,

We're currently investigating this issue, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Short term fix for now is to simply remove the app(s) from the Game Genie toolbar.

View post
Hurry the hell up and fix this mess. The temporary work arround isn't a good work arround it requires us to not use many of the features we bought the phone for. We better not have to wait months for a fix to this absolutely insulting beyond stupid addition.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi all,
Starting with the next FOTA update, you will be able to disable the watermark feature via the Game Genie settings panel.