ericgunawan31
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2112.210
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: All Time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
screenshot-20220205-142720279.jpg
screenshot-20220205-142750846.jpg
screenshot-20220205-142814817.jpg

Hello, I'm Eric from Indonesia

I just bought this phone yesterday, from someone. It's still on warranty. This phone is first time bought on 20 Nov 21. I'm planing to take it to ASC on Monday, but I didn't want my IMEI to be changed because I will sell this phone if the problem persist after I take it to ASC. Can I get a refund? I still have the payment receipt. Actually I'm amazed by how this phone work, but I heard this is a hardware defects from Asus, and I need the Wifi, Tethering and Fingerprint feature because I only have 1 SIM card. I spend all my savings for this phone fyi. I didn't eat since yesterday. Is there any suggestions other than taking it to ASC and get a mainboard replaced?

Hoping for best advice and solutions and fast feedbacks

Thanks and best regards,

Eric

2 REPLIES 2

ericgunawan31
Star I
ericgunawan31

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0840.2112.210
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All Time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

screenshot-20220205-142720279.jpg

screenshot-20220205-142750846.jpg

screenshot-20220205-142814817.jpg

Hello, I'm Eric from Indonesia

I just bought this phone yesterday, from someone. It's still on warranty. This phone is first time bought on 20 Nov 21. I'm planing to take it to ASC on Monday, but I didn't want my IMEI to be changed because I will sell this phone if the problem persist after I take it to ASC. Can I get a refund? I still have the payment receipt. Actually I'm amazed by how this phone work, but I heard this is a hardware defects from Asus, and I need the Wifi, Tethering and Fingerprint feature because I only have 1 SIM card. I spend all my savings for this phone fyi. I didn't eat since yesterday. Is there any suggestions other than taking it to ASC and get a mainboard replaced?

Hoping for best advice and solutions and fast feedbacks

Thanks and best regards,

Eric

ROG Phone 5 Wifi, Tethering, and Fingerprint didn't work
According to my communication to the first hand user, the Wifi is fine before factory reset last night.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
You bought a broken phone, it's up to you to see if the seller wants to take it back, if you have it repaired there will necessarily be a change of IMEI
No offense, your other details, uh, it's your choice, there are new phones under 100€ and very good ones under 200€