Mouse and Keyboard problem with ASUS TUF Gaming F15

dynastes
Star I
Battery or AC: AC
Model: ASUS TUF Gaming Dash F15 FX516PM-HN025T
Frequency of occurrence: often
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
System: Windows 11 (also 10 had the same problem)
========================
Detailed description:Hi all, I encountered two problems while using my notebook in everyday work.
First problem, the mouse freezes while scrolling pages with mouse wheel, stopping scrolling and "re-doing" all the scroll it didn't do in once. Other times, the mouse pointer stops to move (this problem is also visible in the video attached). This problem happens also with the trackpad (stucking while moving, I never noticed problem while scrolling with trackpad)
Second problem, when writing some text with external keyboard, sometimes it repeats some letters too many times as if I pressed for a long time that key. This problem is visible also in the video
I hope someone can help solving this problem
Best regards
10 REPLIES 10

dynastes
Star I
Hi,
I noticed this issue using my notebook as usual, so :
- while connected to wifi
- connected with AC adapter
- with "Performance" profile in Armoury Crate (not the stock Performance's Windows 11 power Mode)
- using 144 Hz frequency in Monitor Settings and also with 60 Hz
I also tried to test it without AC adapter connected, but didn't noticed the issue (I have not testet too much, probably) and always with Performance profile in Armoury Crate
Best regards

dynastes
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hi there,

They may I know if the issue only happen when you plug in the adapter, when you connecting to wifi...

in certain scenario?

Thank you.

View post
Hi,
there are some news regarding my issue?

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
Based on your scenario, I would suggest you restore the unit first.
Please refer to below FAQ to proceed restore.
Windows 10 - How to restore the system to factory default settings? | Official Support | ASUS Global
Thank you.

dynastes
Star I
GEEK_ASUS

Hi there,

Based on your scenario, I would suggest you restore the unit first.

Please refer to below FAQ to proceed restore.

Windows 10 - How to restore the system to factory default settings? | Official Support | ASUS Global

Thank you.

View post
Hi,
I bought the notebook a month ago, there is nothing installed but just a game from Steam, Chrome, Firefox and anything else. For this reason I would avoid to restore a just bought computer.
Moreover, the issue was initially shown before I upgraded to Windows 11, so it was still Windows 10.
However, I probably understood how to get rid of the issue: if I change the Battery Profile from "Performance" to "Windows" in Armoury Crate, neither the mouse nor the keyboard have the issue I described some days ago.

I would suppose that the problem is Armoury Crate, because I tried also to change the battery Profile in Windows Settings, from "Balanced" to "Maximum Performance" (so, not into Armoury Crate) without any problem.

Please can you check and investigate on it?
Thanks

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
Thanks for your feedback.
What's the version of your Armoury Crate?
Did you update to the latest version?