cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless failing to work

Daemon_Byte
Star I
I have the rog phone 2 and it's running android 11. v18.0210.2201.211
The last couple of weeks I have found my phone keeps frequently timing out when I try to use my home wifi for internet. I can switch it to data and it will work fine while all my other wireless devices in the house run on the wifi just fine. Including my wife's aging huawei. Has anyone else had this problem with the phone? I can't see any issues from the router (unifi dream machine). My phone is attached, has an ip and a good signal strength.

WiFi
Channel 40
Band 5GHz
Signal -56 dBm
Rx Rate 585 Mbps
Tx Rate 6.00 Mbps

2 REPLIES 2

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Daemon Byte

I have the rog phone 2 and it's running android 11. v18.0210.2201.211

The last couple of weeks I have found my phone keeps frequently timing out when I try to use my home wifi for internet. I can switch it to data and it will work fine while all my other wireless devices in the house run on the wifi just fine. Including my wife's aging huawei. Has anyone else had this problem with the phone? I can't see any issues from the router (unifi dream machine). My phone is attached, has an ip and a good signal strength.

WiFi

Channel 40

Band 5GHz

Signal -56 dBm

Rx Rate 585 Mbps

Tx Rate 6.00 Mbps

wireless failing to work
Not had any issues. When timing out - is that on a particular app?
If it happens frequently, have you tried in safe mode to see if you get the same issue?

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Daemon Byte Do what Ronald suggests. You can also try resetting your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings by going to Settings -> System -> Reset options.
And oh, please try changing your router to another channel and see if that solves your issue.