Zenfone 8 Android 12 Beta, System UI stopped

boygrizell
Star II
Model Name: Zenfone 8
Firmware Version: 31.1004.0404.68
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: a few times a day
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): different apps
After installing, having problems with System UI on a daily basis, it stops.
After closing, everything works properly, but it doesn't solve the problem.
It occurs with YouTube, Google Maps, etc.
For instance, when viewing a photo and turning the phone horizontally sometimes you see black linings occur , like the "camera-opening/hole", in the picture. Then after a few moments System UI stops.
I can't make a screenshot of the problem, because that doesn't work when System UI stops 😉
15 REPLIES 15

fabricioceschin
Rising Star I
Same problem here in .81 update.

Timo_Vos
Rising Star I
Zen8HK

I'm also using Zenfone8 Malaysia set. As per my experience with the System UI, it does crash when changing to landscape mode. But recently I've changed my default launcher to Nova Launcher and the problem disappeared. I think the bug is in ASUS default launcher itself.

View post
I'm using Nova Launcher for half a year now, but I'm still having force closes System UI in fullscreen landscape video.

patk950
Star I
I found workaround i think. Go into launcher settings and disable app drawer under layout at the top in home screen settings. Haven't had any issues since i did this.
edit: nvm still happens

bobwilson5k
Star I
img-20220118-203433.jpg
img-20220118-203549.jpg
Hi all, any news on a fix for this? Added some pics so all can understand the issue we're having. Sometimes my notification bar freeze without the screen issue

hI, im from Mex, I have the same problem on android 12 stable update that I downloaded it from official Asus page so my solution was to downgrade to android 11 and wait for air update better. Anyone has any idea about the air update?? heheh Fuck this is a great Phone😁