difference schedule up migrate and group up migrate in hardcore tuning

Jaga_Lilin
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: asus rog phone 5
Firmware Version: 2112.210
Rooted or not: not rooted
guys i tried to change value in advance harcore tuning
but i dont know the difference between "/proc/sys/kernel/sched_upmigrate" and /proc/sys/kernel/sched_group_upmigrate
can any one tell what the diference i tried to search in the internet but only found this one

/proc/sys/kernel/sched_downmigrate
/proc/sys/kernel/sched_upmigrate
/proc/sys/kernel/sched_group_downmigrate
/proc/sys/kernel/sched_group_upmigrate
Kernel Run Job Schedule
If the job is running more busy than the upmigrate number (percentage), schedule the job to the big core or the super core
If the job running busy is lower than the dowbmigrate number (percentage), schedule the job to the big core or the small core

5 REPLIES 5

Jaga_Lilin
Star III
Anyone can help me??

Jaga_Lilin
Star III
Anyone can help me??
can anyone ??

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Indeed, the doc is almost non-existent for groups, it seems that this is related to CPU clusters and task numbers.
With upmigrate, a task using for example 80% of a 1.8 CPU for a given time will switch to CPU 2.42, if it still uses 80% it will switch to 2.84 or go down to 1.8 if it uses -60%.
For Groups, it would be the same but only if 2, 3 or 4 tasks would be eligible, example if 3 tasks use 80% of the 1.8 cores they would pass on the 2.42 cores
The values ​​given are only examples and other parameters such as temperature and time are taken into account
2.84GHz Single-Core Kryo 680
2.42GHz Triple-Core Kryo 680
1.8GHz Quad-Core Kryo 680
It is risky to risk this setting without a perfect knowledge of the kernel, the game software concerned and the analysis and monitoring tools, not to mention that the possible gain (on a kernel with good default values) is negligible. compared to simpler operations such as the deletion of numerous logs, which in addition do not generate an increasing temperature, which is already difficult to control.

Good luck in your research

Jaga_Lilin
Star III
FunBike31

Indeed, the doc is almost non-existent for groups, it seems that this is related to CPU clusters and task numbers.

With upmigrate, a task using for example 80% of a 1.8 CPU for a given time will switch to CPU 2.42, if it still uses 80% it will switch to 2.84 or go down to 1.8 if it uses -60%.

For Groups, it would be the same but only if 2, 3 or 4 tasks would be eligible, example if 3 tasks use 80% of the 1.8 cores they would pass on the 2.42 cores

The values ​​given are only examples and other parameters such as temperature and time are taken into account

2.84GHz Single-Core Kryo 680

2.42GHz Triple-Core Kryo 680

1.8GHz Quad-Core Kryo 680

It is risky to risk this setting without a perfect knowledge of the kernel, the game software concerned and the analysis and monitoring tools, not to mention that the possible gain (on a kernel with good default values) is negligible. compared to simpler operations such as the deletion of numerous logs, which in addition do not generate an increasing temperature, which is already difficult to control.

Good luck in your research

View post
thank you for your explanation and 1 more thing 

lower clock meaning lower power usage so, is it better to lower the clock speed so the cpu utilization can be high ?

in my mind higher clock speed but low cpu utilization is like use a big truck but with low cargo