Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

kawakibi22
Star I
Dear all,
Wifi not working on My ROG PHONE 5.
I've been to an asus service center in my city Surabaya today and they want to service my cellphone, but I don't want to have to deal with further damage if I have to replace the parts on my cellphone. And they directed me to the service center of my country Indonesia (Jakarta city), and asked me to wait for the decision of my complaining.
I am an old ROG PHONE user, and fans of ROG, starting from ROG phone 1 to 5, but this is the first time I have encountered a very annoying and massive case. I know the quality of ROG, so I want the best for my cellphone not by repairing it but replacing it without defect like this.
I also talk directly to users who have experienced the same case as me, at the same time, and in the same place. but the sad thing is when he don't understand anything about the case and let them try to fix the phone.
Without reducing respect or doubt to all Asus technicians, I think this problem will still repeat itself and spread to other cases even after being repaired, because the fault lies in the production failure, not the product handling problem.
So Please, give best solution for all your ROG phone users, and don't buy time, because I'm worried that a new problem will appear, And it will end badly for ASUS, because of the many consumer complaints about the bad products being sold.

kawakibi22
Star I
Dear all,
@ARP_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS @fabricioceschin etc
I've been to an asus service center in my city Surabaya today and they want to service my cellphone, but I don't want to have to deal with further damage if I have to replace the parts on my cellphone. And they directed me to the service center of my country Indonesia (Jakarta city), and asked me to wait for the decision of my complaining.
I am an old ROG PHONE user, and fans of ROG, starting from ROG phone 1 to 5, but this is the first time I have encountered a very annoying and massive case. I know the quality of ROG, so I want the best for my cellphone not by repairing it but replacing it without defect like this.
I also talk directly to users who have experienced the same case as me, at the same time, and in the same place. but the sad thing is when he don't understand anything about the case and let them try to fix the phone.
Without reducing respect or doubt to all Asus technicians, I think this problem will still repeat itself and spread to other cases even after being repaired, because the fault lies in the production failure, not the product handling problem.
So Please, give best solution for all your ROG phone users, and don't buy time, because I'm worried that a new problem will appear, And it will end badly for ASUS, because of the many consumer complaints about the bad products being sold.

Jaga_Lilin
Star III
kawakibi22

Dear all,

@ARP_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS @fabricioceschin etc

View post
I think it from automatically assembly cause early batch working just fine, and I heard they already deal with it you must be bought batch from Mei untill idk but newest batch is already fine
You just complaining but don't want your phone to get repaired

Me too already bring my phone to asc and they already repaired without any cost it and my phone working just fine

kawakibi22
Star I
@Jaga Lilin my handphone is MFD 05.2021, and it may not happen to all products in this case.
I'm glad to hear it. in the end they solved all the problems quite well. Hopefully all complaints can be resolved properly by Asus

Samirit
Star II
I am recently having the issue where my wifi and hotspot wont work. Its a shame to see that 80% of ROG phones are having this issue, and yet there is no official statement from ASUS regarding this. All the people/customer here have bought the phone by spending nearly 60k which by no means is less. Moderators giving a simple solution such as change the motherboard. Why should it come down to us feeling all the hassle due to the company's fault. An official statement meeds to be passed otherwise its a direct violation of Consumer rights.