This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simcard slot randomly stops working and leaves me offline.

dantnt
Star I
Hi, it's almost since the beginning of December that I'm facing this problem. Whatever sim card i put on slot 1, it randomly stops working. Sometimes all of a sudden, sometimes when I deactivate the airplane mode in the morning.
There's a 50/50 chance I'm able to recover it, otherwise I have to wait until it goes back to work again. It could take hours or even days. Living in a foreign country it's a must have (for me) to have both sims working all time.
I have already tried all the easy steps you mentioned to the other guys: clear cache, restart, swap sim, use only slot 1, reset the network settings -> no success at all.
I then tried to upgrade to Android 12 hoping it was just a software bug: nothing. Then I tried to reset the phone: nothing.
I then started looking at the logcat (focusing on the errors) to see if some info are useful for you (which you can look at the pics attached)
Now, I bought the smartphone in my birth country but now i'm living in another one (Still in Europe) for work reason. How can I get support without staying with no smartphone, which nowadays is a vital device for the everyday life? Is this a software bug that could be solved with the next patch?
8 REPLIES 8

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @dantnt
Does it happen only one slot 1? The second slot is working fine?
Also did you try with a different sim card?

dantnt
Star I
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @dantnt

Does it happen only one slot 1? The second slot is working fine?

Also did you try with a different sim card?

View post
I tried everything... Also the SIM card on slot 2 is not working in the slot 1.
Just to let you know, since I wrote this post, it has not happened until today. And now I'm obliged to use the "foreign" SIM card...

Roystoys
Zen Master III
dantnt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/202913#Comment_202913

I tried everything... Also the SIM card on slot 2 is not working in the slot 1.

Just to let you know, since I wrote this post, it has not happened until today. And now I'm obliged to use the "foreign" SIM card...

View post
Try swapping the preferred data services to the other Sim card,as in if you are using Sim slot one for data swap it to slot two, leave the Sim cards as they are just swap the data services and see what happens.

dantnt
Star I
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/203213#Comment_203213

Try swapping the preferred data services to the other Sim card,as in if you are using Sim slot one for data swap it to slot two, leave the Sim cards as they are just swap the data services and see what happens.

View post
After the first slot stops working I don't get any signal. The phone just thinks I have only the second sim installed. Therefore I can select, of course, only the slot 2 as preferred data services (If you mean that option in the "sim card" settings menu).
Those logs I captured could be useful for the devs? Do you think it's something fixable by a fw update?