Battery or AC: AC
Model: ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) & Mini
Frequency of occurrence: Every few m inutes
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
Firmware : Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_45898
========================
Detailed description:
Since 'upgrading' my firmware my wifi network drops connection to the internet for clients every few minutes. This doesn't happen for wired Lan connections, the wan connection is definitely up, and it is solved by disconnecting from the wifi and reconnection.
Anyone any advice on how to fix this problem? Downgrade the firmware to a better version maybe?
43 REPLIES 43

depmco
Star I
I'm having what is probably the same problem with my XT8. My wireless devices randomly lose connection to the internet. They indicate excellent signal strength, but have no connectivity to the internet for periods ranging from tens of seconds to minutes. If anyone has any suggestions I'd like to hear them before my wife shoots me. (I'm the IT guy in our house 😉 )

depmco
Star I
Sorry to reply to my own comment, but a bit of additional information. I'm using the AX in access point mode, with a wired connection to my primary router. A ping test, once every few seconds for several hours, from one of my wired devices to the AX shows the wired connection between the router and the AX is solid. As mentioned, wireless signal strength reported from the devices is excellent. So things are somehow getting lost in the AX between the wireless interface and the wired network interface.
And no, I'm not an IT professional but I'm expected to play one in our house.
-- Greg

depmco
Star I
Crickets?
Any suggestions?

xt8suxs
Star II
Hi Greg@depmco , based on the discussions above, seems the only known to be working workaround, is to downgrade the firmware to 42095.
The wireless connectivity is solid after the downgrade, which isn't the best idea (to scarify the security patches and other improvements) to get stable connectivity!
Hope that helps!

Jarbin
Star I
xt8suxs

Hi Greg@depmco , based on the discussions above, seems the only known to be working workaround, is to downgrade the firmware to 42095.

The wireless connectivity is solid after the downgrade, which isn't the best idea (to scarify the security patches and other improvements) to get stable connectivity!

Hope that helps!

View post
Ok! But how do you downgrade your ZenWifi AX XT8?