This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove watermark from screenshots after latest FW update ?

Oxidian
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 3
Firmware Version: 180410.2201.192
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Armoury crate/game genie 5.10.1.1_211109
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I'm baffled how there's no one complaining about this...
Yesterday I updated my phone to the lasted build and now whenever I take a screenshot in a game there's this friggin giant horrible watermark taking 1/4 of the picture space on the bottom left of the picture...
image.png
I've looked for every setting to disable it, but no avail, it's not possible to stop armoury crate in any way, to unistall it or remove it...
There's was no mention of this crap on the list of updates, else there's no way I'd have update the phone...
How do I turn this thing off ? or how do I rollback FW ? Don't tell me I have to throw away the phone for this stupid update...
19 REPLIES 19

mightymarc8888
Star II
Sellyme

I've seen a lot of abhorrent behaviour from software developers over the years but releasing an update that silently injects advertising into a user's personal data is one of the worst, most greedy actions I've ever encountered.

View post
Exactly! Selfish and greedy...

BPM
Rising Star II
BPM

???

screenshot-20220127-061717263.png

I've never seen such a watermark, and still haven't seen any such thing, and I'm on the .192 update (and yes, I have Pokémon Masters listed in Armory Crate).

View post
Correction: Turns out I was still on the .185 update when I took that screenshot, and just got the .192 update the other day. Now there is a watermark on my screenshots, too.

rogeriskira
Rising Star I
I came back just to also announce that I too see this watermark in my games' screenshots with no option to turn it off. Please add option to turn off

BPM
Rising Star II
It shouldn't be an option.
It shouldn't be there, period.
I've never, ever heard of an Android phone adding watermarks to screenshots! And I've been using Android since the first Motorola Droid!
Whoever came up with this ridiculous idea should be reprimanded.

Icyko
Star II
Wtf this just happened to me too. ASUS need to remove this asap.