Camera is not ready, zenfone 7

managerdenzel
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 7
Firmware Version: 30.41.69.143
Rooted or not : RKQ1.200710.002.30.41.69.143_20211222
Frequency of Occurrence: not rooted
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): every time i run the camera app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I keep getting a "camera is not ready, please try again later" message and the camera would not rotate when I try to take a selfie.
Tried restarting the phone even resetting my phone but nothing solves the problem even when I can use the camera with a 3rd party app the image is upside down please help me.
Every time I try to run the camera app, I get the error message "Camera is not ready. Please try again later". I tried running it in safe mode and I get the same error message. I tried clearing the camera app's storage and cache and I still get the same error message. The camera itself is working, however. I can use it in other apps like Instagram and Whatsapp, but the image is upside down and flipped horizontally so making video calls is problematic because my image is shown upside down to everyone on the call. So something in the last system update messed up my camera settings and the phone's original camera app. How can we try to solve this problem.
I already did a factory reset and it still didn't solve the problem.
help me.

7 REPLIES 7

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Danishblunt

Firmware update went bad.

You need to either unlock bootloader and flash raw firmware or bring it to local asus servicecenter.

View post
Can't he just rollback then update again?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/203019#Comment_203019

Can't he just rollback then update again?

View post
it won't always work but it's worth a shot I guess.

hello i have exactly the same problem please help me....