cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No USB-C display output on ROG Flow X13 GV301QE

RaddedMC
Star III
Hi all,
I've been having issues getting USB-C displays to work on my Flow X13 running Windows 11. I've tried a variety of docks/adapters, restarting my laptop, resetting my BIOS, messing around with drivers, nearly everything I can think of short of a factory reset.
Occasionally, I can get an image to show up on my monitor if I fully turn off the laptop (not just restart, but literally 'shut down' and then turn it back on again) but if I unplug and replug the type-c adapter into the same port, I will once again get no image.
Does anyone know of a solution?
76 REPLIES 76

deadlyheatray
Star I
@Blake_ASUS Checking up on this. Any updates? This is still occurring for me. Should I open a support ticket with ASUS? I'm willing to send in my device if need be.

flowx13user
Star I
@Blake_ASUS @GEEK_ASUS is there any update? I have been having this issue too, since I purchased this laptop last June. I recently updated to BIOS 408 and I am still having issues with connecting to a monitor via USB-C DisplayPort.
If I update the BIOS using ASUS EZ flash, or do a hard reset (hold power button for 30 seconds), I will usually get the USB-C DisplayPort working again. But then eventually both ports will stop working again. What's most frustrating is that it's unclear exactly what is causing it. It seems to be some combination of unplugging, sleep, hibernate, or just being unplugged from USB-C for some period of time. HDMI always works, but I bought this laptop because I wanted to both charge the laptop and use a monitor with one cord. It's very frustrating that this issue still has not been fixed.
The monitor I am using is a Dell UltraSharp U2720Q. What's even more puzzling is that while the display always will eventually stop working and require an annoying restart/reflash, the USB-C power delivery through the monitor will continue working.

Butwhy
Star II
I can't believe Asus don't realise this is an issue.
I've got the GV301QH with 408 bios running win10 attached to a Dell U2720Q through USBC. Mine will work intermittently, but never more than twice in a row. This has been an ongoing issue since purchase. There are heaps of threads about this issue on reddit, without any fix. (I'm not allowed to post them yet).
This issue is widespread. Everyone has updated every bit of software / driver, and it doesn't fix it permanently. Most people can get it to work once or twice post firmware update but then it stops again. It affects both USBC ports, with multiple monitors.
I'm almost to the point of returning it as it is not fit for purpose.
Asus, please stop asking for more information, and test your hardware / software - it is an easily reproducible fault. There hasn't been a single person that has denied it is an issue with their x13, of any configuration.

XperiAndri
Star II
jasonma78

I can't believe Asus don't realise this is an issue.

I've got the GV301QH with 408 bios running win10 attached to a Dell U2720Q through USBC. Mine will work intermittently, but never more than twice in a row. This has been an ongoing issue since purchase. There are heaps of threads about this issue on reddit, without any fix. (I'm not allowed to post them yet).

This issue is widespread. Everyone has updated every bit of software / driver, and it doesn't fix it permanently. Most people can get it to work once or twice post firmware update but then it stops again. It affects both USBC ports, with multiple monitors.

I'm almost to the point of returning it as it is not fit for purpose.

Asus, please stop asking for more information, and test your hardware / software - it is an easily reproducible fault. There hasn't been a single person that has denied it is an issue with their x13, of any configuration.

View post
@jasonma78 have you tried my fix on Reddit? Updating to Non-WHQL-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-22.1.1-Win10-Win11-64Bit-Jan11 fixed the issue for me, but I have QC model.

kejgoh
Star II
Blake_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/199276#Comment_199276

Hello kejgoh,

For physical examination and hope repair would be enough.

Thank you.

View post
I'm not sure how many of you took the advice to send the x13 back for repairs.
I did, and just got it back after almost 4 weeks! They changed the motherboard and tested and indeed it came back working.
Now, after the repairs, the usb C connection remains stable during use. I didn't encounter the same sudden display signal loss as before. But now I have a different related issue much like for the many who reported in the Zentalk.
After the repair, I decided to go to win11 directly. The x13 typically works well with USB C connection to display and for charging from bootup. Then after using for a while, if I unplug the USB C connection, then reconnect, the display does not work more than half the time, although PD charging still works.
Disconnect and reconnect cannot recover the display.
To recover, I need to disconnect the USB C, shutdown, bootup again, and connect USB C. Typically it works ok. But I should take care not to disconnect the USB C, otherwise, I have to shutdown completely again.
It might be a software or firmware issue. Hope ASUS can resolve this for x13 which is supposed to be a premier product. But so far this issue has marred the product quite seriously!