This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 5s Pro Slow Connection and No VOLTE

junwei2647
Star I
Based in Singapore, we are not able to make phone calls if we set to LTE only via *#*#4636#*#*. How do we activate voLTE on our phone? Brought from Asus @ Bugis. But when using 2G / 3G / 4G as network preferred type no issue with phone calls. But mobile data connectivity is not stable at 4G / 4G+ keep getting H / H+. Help please, 1 Week old only the phone. No root.
12 REPLIES 12

ghostie192
Star II
MrMoto

Sorry you guys are having big problems!

I have the 5s North American variant here in Hollywood 🎥 Phone is on AT&T, and it's on their VoLTE whitelist. I started with a fresh AT&T SIM.

VoLTE works. Data switches between 4G, 4G+, and 5G depending on location. Settings look like this:

screenshot-20220127-010459119-281-29.jpg

View post
Good for you!
This is not entirely unexpected though. Asus has to do this because AT&T is going to phase out their 3G network entirely, ASUS has to catered to the US market because of the size of subscribers or else they will be selling a brick. Where else, asian countries are very geared towards mainstream mobile phone brand such as Samsung, Oppo etc, ROG users are much much lesser.
The good thing is that my current provider does provides HSPA+ which is considered 4G. So although there is no VOLTE, i still can make calls.
k_huat

Well, this is Asus, what can we expect? I fed up writing the issue I face n just use this rog as it is (maybe this is what Asus aiming to lessen their workload; well, Asus u achieve your goal but u also won't have a repeating customer for sure) 👎

View post
When you are looking into buying this phone, have you done research for it?
This phone is ex and I always try to find out as much as possible before i made the purchase.
Not trying to be a troll/fan boy here or to down sell ASUS's issue for ROG phones, I bought this phone fully expecting VOLTE not available and the issues that are going to be presented due to this and is fully prepared to have a work around
For now, if your warranty has not run out, try the twin sim card solution to get the best of out it.
For me, I will ride this out with my twin sim cards until the warranty runs out.
That's when the Wild West of unroot phone comes into play. 😄

k_huat
Rising Star II
ghostie192

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/202777#Comment_202777

Good for you!

This is not entirely unexpected though. Asus has to do this because AT&T is going to phase out their 3G network entirely, ASUS has to catered to the US market because of the size of subscribers or else they will be selling a brick. Where else, asian countries are very geared towards mainstream mobile phone brand such as Samsung, Oppo etc, ROG users are much much lesser.

The good thing is that my current provider does provides HSPA+ which is considered 4G. So although there is no VOLTE, i still can make calls.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/202727#Comment_202727

When you are looking into buying this phone, have you done research for it?

This phone is ex and I always try to find out as much as possible before i made the purchase.

Not trying to be a troll/fan boy here or to down sell ASUS's issue for ROG phones, I bought this phone fully expecting VOLTE not available and the issues that are going to be presented due to this and is fully prepared to have a work around

For now, if your warranty has not run out, try the twin sim card solution to get the best of out it.

For me, I will ride this out with my twin sim cards until the warranty runs out.

That's when the Wild West of unroot phone comes into play. 😄

View post
I never expect there's a need to do research buying a flagship phone, I'm too outdated n for past ten years I'm using second hand phone from my bro since broke; but I do now, it's my best lesson after dealing with Asus. I do learnt now and start research for my next phone, targeting Lenovo.
I wouldn't mind this kind of attitude if I pay 100 USD for a phone, but this is a 750 USD flagship phone, with such a low end attitude from international company Asus, hiding n not responding to customer issue.
I'm writing this not regarding the volte issue, (maybe I have such an issue n maybe I'm not aware; I hardly make calls with my phone). I'm not such a tech guy n don't really understand this volte issue, I'm writing this bcoz I fed up with Asus attitude.
To share my experience with u @FunBike31 , Asus never give "empty" promise, but Asus also never promises a target date to solve our issue, maybe we have to wait until the year 2030, Asus will never promise a target date, that's why they keep silent all the time 👎🏻

ghostie192
Star II
k_huat

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/202795#Comment_202795

I never expect there's a need to do research buying a flagship phone, I'm too outdated n for past ten years I'm using second hand phone from my bro since broke; but I do now, it's my best lesson after dealing with Asus. I do learnt now and start research for my next phone, targeting Lenovo.

I wouldn't mind this kind of attitude if I pay 100 USD for a phone, but this is a 750 USD flagship phone, with such a low end attitude from international company Asus, hiding n not responding to customer issue.

I'm writing this not regarding the volte issue, (maybe I have such an issue n maybe I'm not aware; I hardly make calls with my phone). I'm not such a tech guy n don't really understand this volte issue, I'm writing this bcoz I fed up with Asus attitude.

To share my experience with u @FunBike31 , Asus never give "empty" promise, but Asus also never promises a target date to solve our issue, maybe we have to wait until the year 2030, Asus will never promise a target date, that's why they keep silent all the time 👎🏻

View post
I'm sorry to hear that and I hope you can get if fixed soon one way or the other.
This phone is on the niche side when it comes to general usage.
Normally I also do not do research if i'm getting a mainstream phone, but ASUS has history of you know... (jus look at this forum), so I really look into it to determine how widespread the issues are and the inconvenience should it happen.
So far, I have been lucky with ROG3 and my current S5P. If shit happens, at least i still have backup phone to work with. But I'm still on-guard, especially during the warranty period.
My advise is this, if factory reset cannot fix it, send it to the service center, especially when its still under warranty. Don't wait.
I wish you luck for that.